BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 11:47:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasDoubleTap] [#1]
Rich, 28, about to get married, no kids, petroleum geology consultant, XD fo-tay, 10-22, couple of old shot guns, saving my nickles for a Del-ton kit on a Spikes lower. Rabid Cummins Diesel Owner.

ETA, I own page 25.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Married 40 yrs ,lots of grand kids,been into weapons all my life,viet era vet.

Do not trust govt types ! I did not say that did I??

Also want an AK but don't know where to put it.

Link Posted: 12/10/2009 11:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Black-Tiger] [#3]
Hello, 35-year old from Florida; single (but looking) no kids. Iraq War Vet, been in LE most of my adult life (military/civilian). Own a small collection of weapons; everything from an AR to a Chinese MAK.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 12:24:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenJelly] [#4]
Age 18, and I'm from beautiful Oregon; born and raised. I just bought my very own rifle: Lancaster Ak-74 RR, planning to refinish it, make YouTube videos, train, and run some drills.

Gun Experience:
Ar-15
Full auto pre-86 Mac-10
Glocks
Sigs
Variety of shotguns, WW1 Trench Gun to Saiga 12
Marlin 70HC 15rd banana magazine (Not legally mine, but it was mine for my 14th birthday.)

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello everyone, been lurking for a while as a guest. I finally joined and really enjoy this website.
Link Posted: 12/25/2009 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
44 yrs old, 3 kids, only ar in my gunsafe after cleaning out all others is a LWRC  m6.  i own several ak's/  retired usaf catm.  living the dream.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
New member, I joined 2 days ago, spent most of the 26th reading this forum to help me decide on what AK to buy, although I was mostly trying to not make a costly mistake.  I'm retired, live in Colorado, have bought and  sold so many handguns and rifles that I can't remember them all.  I do know that from 1964 to the present I sorely wish I would have kept many of them. Today I bought an Arsenal AK 47 20-21 off of Gunbroker.  I ordered 2, 20 rd mags from The Country Shed and 240 rds each of Brown Bear and Wolf from Sportsmans Guide. I am psyched and will be following this forum for great ideas on add-ons.
thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#8]
HAF are my initials; have been a member of AR15.com since 2006... I'm a Corporal (patrol supervisor) at a South Texas border town Police Department -we go right up to the Rio Grande.  Have been on patrol for the past 6 years, before that I was a Sergeant in the Marine Corps (0844) Artillery Fire Directions and Survey - Iraqi '03.  Have always and will always love firearms and self-defense tactics and training.  Been busy with full time career, full time college student and full time family man, so when I have some free time I make the most of it.  Recently got into AK's; what an awesome and robust weapon!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#9]
48, married, 3kids, 2 grand, first Ar in 85, started my sickness
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#10]
43,  married, w a daughter living in Va. Love to hunt and fish.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Im a new member whos been getting into AKs for the last couple years. 41,married and fixing trucks pays for my hobbies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello, I'm 42 years old, married with one youngin. My AR's are pretty much done, so now I have set my sights on a nice AK. I'm not sure why, but the 5.45 really appeals to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 10:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redemption1980] [#13]
29, Engaged no kids, from washington state, purchased my first rifle Arsenal Sgl20 from K-Var during the sale so far I have 3 bulgy waffle and 3 euro steel mags, hogue grip, 1k golden tiger ammo and my next thing to buy is a Red Dot
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Oscar, Too old, married and 4 kids and god knows how many grand chillins.
unwilling to admit ak dominance.  BUT.. i want one. School me on what to buy..i want 7.62 mm x 39 version.  can spend around 550.  open about folding stock may change stock over to TAPCO..maybe not.
You speak I listen.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 11:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azgunz] [#15]
17, paid for all "my" guns, day I turn 18 they are mine!
As far as AK goes, I have my Lancaster 3060 model 7.62x39 w/ russian red furni
my thing is obviously studying. Hopefully medschool after college and go from there. I really am interested in anesthesiology but I hear that once you reach med school some people's
decisions completely change so not sure. But plan is anesthesiology. Family of meds
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
22 year old from ohio, college, currently a homeowner... my real hobby next to the recent Romanian Ak i got... dad has an sks so i figured i would try out the sister gun. Some friends of mine are on the light side of this site and turned me on but i guess the dark side is where its at...
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Built a Piston AR before they were the rage, now that they are all the latest hype, I decided to go to the dark side.... and still stay in a piston driven weapon. I love being against the grain                                                    

Oh yea' I'm 42 and live in a gun friendly state, I love Idaho
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tango187:
Built a Piston AR before they were the rage, now that they are all the latest hype, I decided to go to the dark side.... and still stay in a piston driven weapon. I love being against the grain                                                    

Oh yea' I'm 42 and live in a gun friendly state, I love Idaho

I honestly think AZ has looser gun laws than Idaho.. Surprising but I think so
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 1:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtr88] [#19]
I'm here in "wonderful" Orlando, FL

Proud owner of my favorite AK in the world AKS-74U Bulgarian Krink...
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#20]
As of an hour ago, I now go both ways. WASR - 10. I feel like such a traider cause I was in the market for another AR but, I realized I needed the AK to sortta round out the bunch.

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Grew up in a small town in North Texas, bought an AK with my tax refund last year, looking to pick up a PSL as soon as Uncle Sam sends me my refund this year. I'm a 22 year old engineering student (mechanical), married with a baby boy. Also have an 870 12ga, 1100 20ga ( really beautiful gun my father-in-law restored) and '67 Mustang.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
.Im Jesse, age 32, from N.East Philly area. Married for 5years, no kids.
Im a big Colt pistol guy but I do own one AR and one AK. My AK is a Romi Draco. I love it
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Hello

Al from Texas, married,  66, 4 kids, 12 grand kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, Ak whore, Mag whore, Web gear whore, Bayonet whore, Gun show whore.  Every time I think about de-tox, NDS has a sale on receivers.  Oh Well F*&K it.  Picked up my first AK's between 65-66 and been kind of hooked on them ever since. I started owning my own in the early 80's ( Norinco/Polytec ).

And yes have AR's, FAL's, SKS's, C & R's, Cowboy action, and the beat goes on  
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Hello all,

My name is Ray, I am 36. Married and proud father of 2. My boy is 7 and my baby girl is 3. I run a large auto repair shop in the NY area (Putnam/West boarder).

I have always been into mechanics and guns just seemed to be a very natural  love for me. I started buying right before the 94' ban and actually was motivated into purchasing my first AR after Waco. Seeing all the liberal media talking about bans and restrictions I figured get it while I can . When I was at the gun store making my last payment on my 1st Bushmaster CAR. I held an SKS. It was like $100 and fired the same round as an AK.So  I got that too!! Then it began.......I finally made my 1st AK purchase a NIB MAK 90 for $275 shortly after. I still have the SKS but all my MAK 90s and NHM 91s have been sold long ago.
I live in NY state and need the preban status to have all those little evil features. I have several  preban Chinese AKs now. I also have a SAR1 that I like to shoot alot.
Still love ARs too but will spare the details considering what side I am on now!!

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm 21, a Computer Science college student, and work as a civilian scientist for the Air Force.

8:00 AM on my 21st birthday I had an appointment with the sheriff's office to get my concealed carry license. I got into guns only a year ago, and already have gotten myself an AR-15, AK-47, Glock 26, Mossberg 500, and a TT-33 Tokarev and 5,500 rounds between them. I'v put my military scholarship stipend to good use
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]
  42 married almost 20 years . 2  boys always been an AK fan .
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Dronac:
I'm 21, a Computer Science college student, and work as a civilian scientist for the Air Force.

8:00 AM on my 21st birthday I had an appointment with the sheriff's office to get my concealed carry license. I got into guns only a year ago, and already have gotten myself an AR-15, AK-47, Glock 26, Mossberg 500, and a TT-33 Tokarev and 5,500 rounds between them. I'v put my military scholarship stipend to good use

I'm 21, a Business management college student, don't work for the military though lol.

I have my concealed, I got into guns a year ago because I unfortunately grew up in a household that just didn't have guns and I have always loved them.  My gun choices are very similar to yours.  Rock River AR, SGL20, Glock 27, Mossberg 930 SPX, but, I don't have much ammo.  Right now I'm sitting on about 1100 rounds between them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Howdy folks, I've been lurking around on this site for a long time, finally decide to chime in. 46, married to my 4th and final wife... 6 kids that all shoot, life long Texan and equal opportunity offender.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/doggydave/Toys/CIMG0299.jpg

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Martin, 45, married & with the same wonderful lady for 19yrs. General & trauma surgeon and thankful New Hampshire is as gun-friendly as can be––Live Free or Die! Into guns for over 30 yeras (oh, how it hurts to type that...)

Just bought a Saiga––was overwhelmed by all the AK types/counties of origin, ammo, milled vs. stamped receivers––it was always easier to buy another case of 5.56 ammo than to learn about AKs.

That all changed this week.

Thanks to all for the help––especially Mak––who saved my Saiga from near trauma.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Just picked up my very first AK. A Romy G kit on an ITM receiver. Thinking about refinishing the wood to look more like a Russian red.
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I luv my AK's . Can you tell by my avatar
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Jim Stevens in rural Missouri, married 23 years, standard 2 kids, along with three cutting horses, 2 dogs, 2 cockatoos, always a lover of good firearms and a constant shooter.  I have also competed in a variety of competition, mostly trapshooting and pins.  I have of course shot several AK's over the years, but haven't owned one for a while.  Just got a Red Jacket converted Saiga and really like the way the rifle handles.  I am an addicted hunter as well, and have a safe full of custom and semi-custom Mausers, mostly commercial FN actions and have hunted in Africa twice, Alaska, BC, and pretty much all the western USA.  Have had a lot of hobbies, including about 15 years of drag racing, riding cycles, but I have shot a minimum of once a week probably since I was 13.  I have also reloaded so many thousands of rifle and pistol cases, I could write my own handloading manual, so if any newbie handloaders have any questions, be glad to help.  I think at last check I had 140 pounds of powder and 35000 bullets of various calibers as I probably have dies for 40-50 calibers, along with thousands of rounds of ammo.  Hope the DHS is monitoring this!  Oh, and FUCK OBAMA
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Scotts556 reporting. Single, looking for SO so i dont have to shoot alone all the time. Got my first romy last month. Jumped over here for the AR side. Damn things cost to much. And there a bunch of jerks over there to.

Scotts556 out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 1:50:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slomofo] [#35]
Oh, I didn't realize there was an introduction thread. I guess I'm a bit late, but...

Name: Jean-Pierre (that's all my first name)
Age 28

Married for 8 years now, no kids, own a couple of milled M70s, a stamped M70, WASR, three Saigas, couple of bulgy 74s, and always looking to expand my AK collection. I like building them more than I like shooting them. I only have two AKs that have been fired, the rest were stored upon completion. Same goes with ARs, I love building them, but don't care much for shooting them. I only have two ARs that have been fired regularly, the rest were test fired (10rds) and stored upon completion. Collection consists of mostly AKs/ARs/Mosins/1911s, then there's a few randoms thrown in. My all time favorite guns are the Yugo SKS & Ruger 10/22, I usually put down around 2,000rds a month each summer in each of those two weapons.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I think I am falling off the AR wagon.  I have an Arsenal AK74 waiting for me when I get home from the current deployment I am on.  I am 40, one wife, 4 kids.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JackBurton:
I think I am falling off the AR wagon.  I have an Arsenal AK74 waiting for me when I get home from the current deployment I am on.  I am 40, one wife, 4 kids.
 you'll love it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imarangemaster] [#38]
Well, I am 58.  Married with kids and grandkids.  Currently a History Teacher.  However, in my first career I had five years military and more than 20 years full time Law Enforcement.  Much of that was as a rangemaster, Armorer, and training officer.  Retired medically in 2000 and switched to teaching.  I still believe in peace through superior firepower.  Sun  Tzu said it best:  The best battle is the one you win before you ever have to fight.

USGI Inland M-1 Carbine, 90% correct from CMP

S&W M&P 15 built into a CAR-15 retro (XM177E2)

Saiga 7.62x39 AK, restore to pistol grip

Armalite AR 180, Sterling (pending- on lay-a-way).
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 9:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JacobBoyd] [#39]
Jacob 25 yrs old, new South Carolina resident , homegrown Texan.
Nuclear Power plant inspector, married with 1 kid and one on the way.
Long time AK fan and anything military related.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Tim, st louis area. heavy equipment mechanic. 45 married 13yrs awsome wife incredible 9y/o daughter, love retro AR's,M14 types and especially ak's. bounce back and forth between the retro forums and here. great folks on here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Tyler, 22yrs old. Live in Glendale AZ and work retail at a flooring warehouse. Currently Navy Reserve until hey can get me off to boot-camp. A friend got my hooked on AK's after firing his and it's been an unhealthy relationship ever since.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Hello, I live in Michigan, am 26, married 2 years, no kids...

I have a Saiga .223 almost fully converted, just have to change out the FSB.  And quite a few other guns.

Can't wait for my next AK, wanna get a cheap wasr or something and do the "battle field pick up" look, I love it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Hello!  Tennessean 46 yrs old, married 25 yrs, empty nester,  just got my first grandchild and she loves guns!
Long time Glock/AR15/Western shooter types just recently acquired my first AK variant.

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm 35 and I've been on the AK darkside for 12 years.  I bought an SAR-1 in 1999 and recently sold it to a friend to buy an Arsenal SGL.  Although I make teeth for a living, my dad and I are hobbist underwater archeologists.  We found the wreck of the Confederate gunboat APPOMATTOX   in the Dismal Swamp and were given permits to remove identifying, diagnostic material from it.  The best item we found was a spoon with the complete name of a crewmember.  The artifacts are currently on display at the Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, NC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bharney] [#45]
47 Years old.
Married 25 years with 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl, 1 grandson and a dog.
Served in USAF in early 80's and reenlisted in USARMY in 2005, still in.
Small Arms and Artillery Repair
Stuck in the unfriendly state of Illinois.

Have AK's, AR's and a few of everything else.
I might be out of one caliber, but never out of all calibers!!

Yugo underfolder in 7.62X39
Looking to mount a micro Aimpoint on an Ultimak

Link Posted: 3/20/2011 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Married 21 years
Vietnam Combat Vet
Retired.  Former Quality Director of  a company that manufactures body armor for Military and LE.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#47]
WOW! It is super embarassing to be following the previous poster. RAMBOSKY you have my utmost respect sir!

Name's Pat, 25 years old, married for 4 years and have 2 amazing children. Yes, I started early, no reason to wait when you meet the perfect girl, (she doesn't say a word about my "supplemental purchases") I'm living the dream as a Firefighter/Paramedic in the middle of the US. My "Ole Man" is a PHENOMENAL AR builder and operator and shoots most of the local shooting matches. I love hanging out with him, and try to soak up as much info as possible but I inherited his rebellious nature. I realized that if I would be to take his advice on building an AR that if I would ever be to out-shoot him, that I would never hear the end about how it was only because of him. ( Insert inherited stubborn nature) Soooo I decided I would learn a bit of gunsmithing by going the opposite of him and shooting AKs! My first AK was a Saiga 5.45 that I converted. Couple AKs later and he still laughs at my stubborn nature, but I can't get enough of the AK world.

Still only own and shoot AKs.

I appreciate all of the info the "seasoned" guys offer up here.

Now, I will continue lurking and soaking up as much info as possible.

God bless, and keep your powder dry!
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tatonka:
WOW! It is super embarassing to be following the previous poster. RAMBOSKY you have my utmost respect sir!

Name's Pat, 25 years old, married for 4 years and have 2 amazing children. Yes, I started early, no reason to wait when you meet the perfect girl, (she doesn't say a word about my "supplemental purchases") I'm living the dream as a Firefighter/Paramedic in the middle of the US. My "Ole Man" is a PHENOMENAL AR builder and operator and shoots most of the local shooting matches. I love hanging out with him, and try to soak up as much info as possible but I inherited his rebellious nature. I realized that if I would be to take his advice on building an AR that if I would ever be to out-shoot him, that I would never hear the end about how it was only because of him. ( Insert inherited stubborn nature) Soooo I decided I would learn a bit of gunsmithing by going the opposite of him and shooting AKs! My first AK was a Saiga 5.45 that I converted. Couple AKs later and he still laughs at my stubborn nature, but I can't get enough of the AK world.

Still only own and shoot AKs.

I appreciate all of the info the "seasoned" guys offer up here.

Now, I will continue lurking and soaking up as much info as possible.

God bless, and keep your powder dry!

Welcome and enjoy your stay
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Hi.

I'm from Roll Tide. Roll Tide.

I'm a 33 year old retired airline pilot currently working as a nuclear reactor operator. Married. 2 kids. I like to shoot. :)
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:58:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Hiya!

44, retired Navy Tin Bender (airframer) currently working for a well known helicopter manufacturer as a composite repair tech.  Two kids (one each model), one wife, 5 dogs and a cat.

2 .45's and an AK.
Page / 14
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top