Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:29:09 AM EDT
who's got good parts kits at a good price

I'm looking for the club foot style (or whatever they call it) stock to come with the kit.

thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Romanian RPK from Copes.  I am very pleased with the kit. It has a chrome bore which is in excellent  shape. The bolt and front trunnion are not matching but the headspace checked out fine using a no-go gauge and a factory cartridge.  The bolt closed on a factory cartridge(firing pin removed) and would not close on a Manson no-go gauge.  BTW, the guy at Manson said they use CIP specs for their 7.62 and 5.45 headspace gauges.   Overall condition of metal finish and wood furniture is very, very nice.  The one I got has the adjustable bipod legs.  And yes, the buttstock is the clubfoot type, which is what I wanted.  And these also have an windage adjustable rear sight if you were not aware of that.  I don't think that you can go wrong by getting one of the Romanian kits. The reason I bought the Romanian RPK, other than the buttstock, was that I have had good luck with the Romanian AK's.  And the fact that the bore is chrome lined unlike the Yugo, which is not.  From reading the various threads about Yugo AK's, I felt that getting a Yugo with a good bore is a crap shoot at best.
So I went with the Romanian RPK and I am glad I did. Now to get all the parts to build it.
BTW, I ordered the RPK  on a Sun. and it arrived on Thur. of that week via UPS.  Not bad shipping time for the week before Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a Romanian ... You wont be sorry ...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Go Romanian

Here my kit is peeking out the front of one of Jugrunners ruskie rpk case!
(ps..$55 bucks today i think from his ad description)  He must WANT something pretty bad to have lowered his price!!!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah ... I wanted to get some mags but somebody bought them all ... ...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah ... I wanted to get some mags but somebody bought them all ... ...

yea?....Damn that Johno!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, great.

Now second question...

Can the romanian kit be built on this receiver....

bentmetal.homestead.com/4130info.html

Admittedly, I don't know much about building an AK or an RPK for that matter.  I do however have the tools and know how to pound out a 1919a4 from a parts kit.  Cant be any more difficult than that.....can it?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top