Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:07:00 AM EDT
hey all,
what type of stores sell clp? is it good to use on the whole rifle or just in some cleaning?
thanks & Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just about any place that sells hunting/shooting stuff sells it. Even wal mart has it.

and it's good for everything. it Cleans, Lubricates, and Protects.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
its real good

ETA my wal mart sells it too
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Been using it for 15 years. Good Stuff indeed!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
+1, it is great stuff, use it anywhere and you can buy just about anyplace that sell hunting, firearms gear.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Walmart, several sizes and cheap!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Another +1 for Wal-Mart.  Also some gun shops, too.  I use it on all my pistols and rifles.  Also use clp on door hinges, locks, pad-locks and anything else that needs an ocasional oiling.  That stuff works great.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I use nothing but CLP from BreakFree
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Testing

These are some test my buddy did.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok gurus. whats the diffrence between the break free CLP and the military issue CLP from royal lubricants. this is obviously not the same product. Different, color, odor and texture. I think the royal lubricants stuff is much better but then again I havent used the break free but once and that was yesterday, And does anyone know where you can buy the stuff from royal lubricants!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I use CLP, but I really dont like way it smells. I much prefer the smell of Hoppes #9.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok gurus. whats the diffrence between the break free CLP and the military issue CLP from royal lubricants. this is obviously not the same product. Different, color, odor and texture. I think the royal lubricants stuff is much better but then again I havent used the break free but once and that was yesterday, And does anyone know where you can buy the stuff from royal lubricants!

I think the other way.  That Break Free is the better product.  Not the least of my reasons is that Royco stinks.
But it has no Teflon like current Break Free does (though Break Free might be removing that since it's not needed in the mil-spec anymore). and has a higher percentage of solvent than Break Free.  It probably cleans better, but I'm not sure how well it lubes.  It obviously meets the same minimums as Break Free, but how much above the minimum did it go?
I think that BF is close to 20% solvent, and Royco is closer to 40%, but I don't know the exact numbers. The Break Free sold on the commercial market is supposed to only be about 10 or 12%.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Academy Sports has it also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the other way.  That Break Free is the better product.  Not the least of my reasons is that Royco stinks.
But it has no Teflon like current Break Free does (though Break Free might be removing that since it's not needed in the mil-spec anymore). and has a higher percentage of solvent than Break Free.  It probably cleans better, but I'm not sure how well it lubes.  It obviously meets the same minimums as Break Free, but how much above the minimum did it go?
I think that BF is close to 20% solvent, and Royco is closer to 40%, but I don't know the exact numbers. The Break Free sold on the commercial market is supposed to only be about 10 or 12%.

I am begging to differ Royal not only smells better but it is thicker and lubes better IMHO
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I LOVE the smell of Breakfree CLP!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top