Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2005 8:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 1:03:16 AM EDT by Anarx]
its pretty old might be a repost but dont know.. Gotta love the AR bash...

Taken down becuse people dont know the differnce between Political Cartoons and Gaming Cartoons
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:46:16 PM EDT
I find it tasteless.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:54:14 PM EDT
I laughed.
I also laughed at the zombie jesus comic.
I have a big funny bone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:57:34 PM EDT
Bad form.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 6:12:57 PM EDT by BulletBait]
ETA: re-read the strip, still not funny due to having a real life.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:15:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 11:16:44 PM EDT by xanadu]
Good artist

Skewed vision

From his website, I'd say he belongs to the Anti WTO, Anti G8, Anti gun, pro PETA, star trekkie fan club, lost in post adolescence, fuck off in college, crowd.

Too bad he's never had to make any "real" decisions in his life. His comics point that out clearly.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:01:40 AM EDT
I havent read too many at this point.. being a gamer for a long time i found it kinda funney and could relate...

umm perhaps i should give the back story a bit.. Americas Army was a Free First Person Shooter that the Army put out to try and get recurts... it pretty much was all based in Middle Eastern Enviroments except for a few maps..

the game had its issues but was over all pretty fun to play... even though i did not play it very much myself.. *mostly through the training*

I am reading this comic strip from the begining of it.. i think this preticular comic might of been 2 mouths or so after it started..

but if you all find this rather offenceive i'll take it down.. i understand this doesnt have any basis in reality but comics rarely do..

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:29:48 AM EDT
It was poor taste yesterday too
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:17:54 AM EDT
Ha F#@*ING Ha.... Jackass...there isn't anything funny about that F#@&ING cartoon. Liberal piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:22:19 AM EDT
I don’t see it as being funny either, but we live in a country that says you have the freedom of expression! So I guess you have the right to post what you want...but on the other hand the thread with the pictures from overseas with the Gangster style shooting was locked because some liberal woman bloger that did not read the whole thing thru, and mentioned that the thread was raciest! That was crap, and so is this cartoon, how do the loved one of fallen solders feel about this cartoon...

P.S. I don’t want to rant... but yes the cartoon was at first funny, then you think about our solders and it does not look as funny to me anymore...sorry...but we should just let this one fall off...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:43 AM EDT
Don't be a bunch of pussies. Honestly, how can you complain about whiney liberals when some of you whine just as much? Although not in the original post, it was later explained that the cartoon is making fun of a video game. After that was explained, several people still managed to reply that it was in bad taste or liberal or some such b.s. Now if it showed the American shooting the Arab you'ld think it was hilarious. If you can dish it out but can't take it, move to France withthe other pussies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:14:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:
It was poor taste yesterday too

+1
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:18:13 AM EDT
It COULD have been a little funny if in the last frame instead of the US soldier being gunned down he simply said "So, how much for the AK?" (or something along those lines)
As it is it is rather offensive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:56:06 AM EDT
He's talking about a video game. Geez. Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
He's talking about a video game. Geez. Lighten up, Francis.

+1, It's offensive, it hurt my feelings, blah blah blah, change your fucking tampon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:07:31 AM EDT
The comic is about a video game, NOT the real American Army. Anyone who has played this video game before should find this comic funny. It is not at all a bash on our armed forces.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:09:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 11:09:43 AM EDT by GenghisKhan]
It is interesting how the cartoonist made the American soldier look like a child with no training or support whatsoever and the Terrorist looked calm collected and profesional. The guy that wrote that cartoon is a PIG SWINE piece of TRASH. Very Bad form indeed. It was not a cartoon based on wepon choice it was a very skewed and wrong political propoganda piece.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:33:36 PM EDT
Im deeply offended at you all being deeply offended, so you might as well take it down and no more Liberian shoot outs either, their racist. And no more hot chicks in bikinis with AKs like Mrs. RSA their sexist.

PC= pussy child

though it aint all that funny anyway
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:48:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
It is interesting how the cartoonist made the American soldier look like a child with no training or support whatsoever and the Terrorist looked calm collected and profesional. The guy that wrote that cartoon is a PIG SWINE piece of TRASH. Very Bad form indeed. It was not a cartoon based on wepon choice it was a very skewed and wrong political propoganda piece.

The "soldier" depicted is the main charcter in the strip in COSTUME, a portrayal of the VIDEO GAME he is playing. So unless he planned to bash our soldiers from the concept stages of his comic, you're reading WAY too much into it.

This is my favorite one, go ahead, say it isn't funny:
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 1:02:21 PM EDT by mattld]
Yeah the joke is about the game fellas, not OUR Army. It did seem like your gun would always jam at the most inoppurtune time. In fact, when the game first came out, there were a few discussions over the internet that the developers of the game (DEVs) had written into the game that if you had the unfortuate chance of playing against them, your gun would jam when you fired at them.

I can see that if you saw the comic by itself, and didn't understand why America's Army is in bold italics (meaning the game, not the real thing), you would be confused.

In all actuality, after playing the game for countless hours, I find it funny, cause it has happened to me one too many times.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:03:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Anarx:
I havent read too many at this point.. being a gamer for a long time i found it kinda funney and could relate...

umm perhaps i should give the back story a bit.. Americas Army was a Free First Person Shooter that the Army put out to try and get recurts... it pretty much was all based in Middle Eastern Enviroments except for a few maps..

the game had its issues but was over all pretty fun to play... even though i did not play it very much myself.. *mostly through the training*

I am reading this comic strip from the begining of it.. i think this preticular comic might of been 2 mouths or so after it started..

but if you all find this rather offenceive i'll take it down.. i understand this doesnt have any basis in reality but comics rarely do..

Edit your post to reflect that the comic is about a game or more idiots will come in thinking it is offensive to our military, which it isn't.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:30:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wombat_SCSO:

The "soldier" depicted is the main charcter in the strip in COSTUME, a portrayal of the VIDEO GAME he is playing. So unless he planned to bash our soldiers from the concept stages of his comic, you're reading WAY too much into it.

www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20030115.jpg

I find this comic offensive too, as I am also a titty grabber and don't like to be associated with the gaming community.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:33:51 PM EDT

*cough*it'sabouthearmy'scomputergame*c­ough*
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT

It is interesting how the cartoonist made the American soldier look like a child with no training or support whatsoever and the Terrorist looked calm collected and profesional. The guy that wrote that cartoon is a PIG SWINE piece of TRASH. Very Bad form indeed. It was not a cartoon based on wepon choice it was a very skewed and wrong political propoganda piece. hr

LOL. Great Fight Club reference as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:02:29 PM EDT
wah wah wah-Oh my god cry me a fuckin river. The cartoon is a joke. Take it with a grain of salt and STFU.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:35:19 PM EDT

No I am not just willing to sit by and keep my mouth shut. I think I had it correct. He was a kid with no training and it was liberal propiganda. Filth propoganda at that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:36:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKLover_91:

*cough*it'sabouthearmy'scomputergame*c­ough*

Oh I know no cartoonist bring out there political dribble in their cartoon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:37:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SLAPhAPPY1:
wah wah wah-Oh my god cry me a fuckin river. The cartoon is a joke. Take it with a grain of salt and STFU.

Well I guess since I have the freedom of speach I will say what I want.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:02:01 AM EDT
Jesus... Ok.. I'll take it down... even though i shouldent... *kinda agenst my Moral code to cow down*

BTW I wish to state for the Record that IFThis comic was about the Real Army and our Men fighting overseas i would find it offencive as well... but it IS about a game.. i understand the most of the crowd on here dont play Games and wouldent understand...

To the rest of you that Stood up for me on this comic THANKS... i honestly dident find it falling on my ass funney but got a giggle out of me...

and the next person who calls me a liberal i am going to get extreamly pissed...

Top Top