Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:54:56 PM EDT
is it possible to convert an ak47 to 74 by installing a 74 barrel in place of 47 barrel and makeing ejector longer? are the bolt faces different, if so can one be replaced with another? will a 74 mag lock in a 47 receiver? i'll probally just build a 74 kit if i want one that bad, just kicking around ideas. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:04:06 PM EDT
I think the barrel diameters are different where they press into the trunnion, and I don't know how you'd make the ejector longer, it's just a peice of sheet metal and it takes a lot of abuse, so however you do it, it would have to be strong and hard. The bolt faces are different and a '74 bolt will not fit in a '47 carrier. A '74 mag will also not fit in a '47 magwell. So overall, no, I don't think it would work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:06:30 PM EDT
probally not possible, as the mag well would have to be made smaller, along with the other mods mentioned....its not worth it even if it was possible
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:46:20 PM EDT
i see, the barrel dia. and bolt issues are the deal breakers, i would have extended the ejector with weld and ground to size, that should have lasted? and tightening the magwell would be pretty simple. thanks for the info guys.
Top Top