BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:17:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I trade my ORF RF5 receiver certificate in as credit since I never got my money back?

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd consider a $900 refurbed RPD parts kit but how much are the Vector receivers?  And more importantly, who can assemble them????
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Todd;

Heard that these kits are Bulgarian.  Is that true?

Also, heard a rumor that you might be offering your own semi RPD receiver sometime in the near future.  Is this also true??  Will this be part of the conversion you're speaking of ?  Will you be selling the semi receiver as a sperate item for those who would like to purchase it seperate?  How about a guesstimate on the timeframe ??

Thanks !!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Spooky,
No one was ever charged so how could you not get your money back?

Guys,
On the RPD kits, there will be a complete semi conversion on the market real soon, fairly easy assembly on receiver (like building a milled Ak), and some light mill and drill work.

Todd@ORF

IM inbound...

Kits look really cool...  You're cryptic posts a while back are coming true...  You've now covered the RPK74, now the RPD, is the PKM next?  That's what I really want...

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Has the ORF5 gotten the back burner again?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag for more info on the receivers.

How much is vector getting for theirs right now?  This could be a perfect winter project...

thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag more info
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Guys,
Vector is getting I believe $500.00 for a semi auto receiver.  RF5 is still in the works too!

Todd@ORF

I just called Vector, just now.  They said that they are NOT selling semi receivers.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys,
Vector is getting I believe $500.00 for a semi auto receiver.  RF5 is still in the works too!

Todd@ORF

I just called Vector, just now.  They said that they are NOT selling semi receivers.  

Yep, email from Rex in this morning verifying the same...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Guys,
My bad on the Vector info, I thought they were.  Well thats not all bad news, there is a co starting production on them soon.

Todd@ORF

Todd, I left a message for you at ORF.  However, since you've built these before....is there any non BIY steps to building one of these?  Can one simply assemble one of your kits on a semi receiver, pending finding one, or is it more complicated?

When I think of building I'm thinking of 1919a4 difficulty, any harder in your opinion?

Matt
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#15]
This is part of the problem that started the idea that Vector was selling semi receivers as individual items.  Read the post from the username  "Vector" - new member;

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9281

It sure looked legitimate
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This is part of the problem that started the idea that Vector was selling semi receivers as individual items.  Read the post from the username  "Vector" - new member;

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9281

It sure looked legitimate

Its worse than I thought.  Guess that dries up my idea of building one
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#17]
CFS is said to be bringing in 1000 Polish RPD kits.  There definitely is a market for someone to manufacture a semi version of the RPD receiver.  ORF may have an announcement in the near future on these.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Guys,
My bad on the Vector info, I thought they were.  Well thats not all bad news, there is a co starting production on them soon.

Todd@ORF

IIRC, Vector was offering to build up customer-supplied RPD kits, but would only discount the total cost of their RPD by $500 when you supplied the kit, meaning that unless you could obtain the RPD kit for under $500, it was cheaper to buy one of their pre-built models.

Vector and Historic Arms are currently the only game in town for semi-auto RPDs, so until someone else gets in on the action, they've basically set the standard for what an RPD should go for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw a Masterpiece Arms RPD not to long ago...whats the story with those?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys you want a RPD your better off buying the complete gun from Vector to start with...

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Guys you want a RPD your better off buying the complete gun from Vector to start with...
i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/aklynn/Calvert004.jpg

Is that because you've built one and its not easy? or what?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]
its easier to buy it..   a belt feed gun like a RPD is not something your going to put together with a dremmel and a hammer like you can a AK..  the receivers are milled .. one slip and your receiver is worthless..

and  how will you know the condition of your parts kit till you get it.. like alot of you guys who rushed to buy the Yugo Ak's only to discover  that the kit was not in good shape as advertised..

Just something to think about guys...  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#23]
From the semi-auto RPD's that I've seen there not correct, they look SORTOF like an RPD but look close, or compare it to the real thing, and it's not even close, the best one I've seen had the stock at a completely wrong angle....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I doubt one would save any money by building this one - although I understand some would still prefer to.  Let's hope it isn't like the MG34's.  An 80 percent receiver goes for under Five but the semi conversion sells for $1900.  That one I'll build myself since there is a huge difference in price - and I like doing the "off" builds.

As far as the Vectors not being "correct".....no matter what you build, it will never be correct as long as it's a Semi.  So, if it's off somewhat, no biggie to me.  Same with the AK's we all build.  Some take off Bulgarian parts and replace them with Russian just to get a casting number.  It's still a US made incorrect receiver.  But, whatever chokes your chicken - isn't this a great hobby :)

Personally, I really like my Vector RPD.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
It's bad enough it has to be semi, but it better atleat LOOK like the real, thing, the Vector doesn't even LOOK like the real thing except superfitialy, it's the same reason I won't buy a WASR 10, it doesn't have a magazine well dimple so it doesn't LOOK like the real thing, if your willing to compromise with that why not get one with AR-15 stocks, why not paint it pink, why not put gigantic 24x scopes on it that are longer than the barrel, hell why not airsoft?....

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Well man, they do have to be converted to fire closed bolt.  So effectively there is nothing the same about the original rpd and one you or I would buy.

I personally don't give a Sh!t that its not original.  I want one because I like to spend money and I want to have something that eats a LOT of ammo.  Thats why I own other belt feds.  I'm not buying them for historical value, or to setup at the Great Falls Museum, I want them for me....to use.

And I own a Pink AR, I think its neat.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's bad enough it has to be semi, but it better atleat LOOK like the real, thing, the Vector doesn't even LOOK like the real thing except superfitialy, it's the same reason I won't buy a WASR 10, it doesn't have a magazine well dimple so it doesn't LOOK like the real thing, if your willing to compromise with that why not get one with AR-15 stocks, why not paint it pink, why not put gigantic 24x scopes on it that are longer than the barrel, hell why not airsoft?....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/You%20cant%20make%20this%20shit%20up/2005_0729AK000312.jpg

Who shit in your cereal?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top