Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 6:12:07 PM EDT
i'm a benchrest shooter primarily and am not too familiar with the ak,sar 1 etc..anyway, i have an opportunity to purchase an sar-1. here are the specifics on the gun that i know:

romanian sar-1/he says its like new/has a red star or somekind of aftermarket trigger/bipod/20 &30 round mags/100 rds. ammo.
he wants 300.00.  do i need to ask any additional questions about the gun? i read somewhere about "stampted recievers & usa parts?? forgive my lack of vacabulary regarding these rifles. any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's got an RSA/Red Star Arms fire control group in it, $300 sounds like an awesome price to me.  I thought they were going new for that.

Hrmm...I should probably pick up an SAR-1 before it's too late...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That is an excellent price.  The redstar trigger group sells for about $80 and is the equal of any match trigger.  This however is not a benchrest gun.  It is about as close as one can get to a combat arm.  It will provide years of faithful service with little care.  Warning, once you shoot a mag at some sort of fixed object such as an ammo can full of rocks, junked car, etc, you may not want to return to benchrest shooting.  Oh, and AKs are addictive.  At any rate even used the combo you listed should be worth every bit of $400.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
are there any specific questions i need to ask about this weapon b4 i make my decision?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only think of one thing to make sure of before purchasing the rifle.

Make sure the both the gas block and the front sight block are not canted.  By that I mean make sure the front end of the gun is "in-line" with the barrel and not leaning toward one side or the other.

For $300, IMO, that is an awesome deal.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
check the front site post first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
red star trigger's rule!!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
you all have been very helpful.i will check it out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Great price!
AK47s tend to be 4moa guns but terrific blasters.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top