Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 3:49:56 PM EDT
I'm in a tight spot here, so I've decided to come to my trusted fellow AKers for help.  

The situation is this;  I put my AR up for trade the other day.  I've decided I'm an AK guy all the way, and I'm also getting into 1911s, so I asked for those two in trade.  

Well, to make a long story short out of the many offers I've gotten so far, three have me really excited and really torn at the same time.  

1.  A custom 1911 with the following specs:

Colt bbl match
colt slide
wilson internals
springfield match bushing
wilson beavertail
custom rosewood grips
magwell
wilson hex head grip screws
wilson hammer
wilson extended slide stop
wilson extended safety
tuned for reliability(wilson)
comes with a black wilson softcase with silver
eagle(out of production)
it is done in two tone like a cqb
black slide/green lower/ss bushing

2. Get this, Bob Serva, the president and owner of Dan Wesson Firearms emailed me and wants to trade me one of their "Pointman Major" 1911s.  I was suprised to say the least.

3. An AK-USA AK-103K as new with lots of mags and stuff.  

What to do? I'm having a lot of troubles deciding between the three.  

help me out, please!

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of AR are you thinking about trading off???

KF
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=182896

That's the rifle.  These three offers are on the table, now which one?

I'm gonna go crazy trying to decide without some help!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know who made the frame on the custom 1911 and who did the custom work?  Also, is Bob Serva going to give you the limited lifetime warranty if you decide to trade with him?  Moneywise, I think the AK-103K comes out a little ahead of the Pointman.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I get the warranty.  I'm starting to get my bearings, but any other thoughts would be good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Making a friend of a CEO in the gun industry can be invaluable.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
2 or 3

Anything as heavily customized as 1 makes me wonder what they decided they screwed up and need to dump, or they liked it so much it is heavily used.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like the DW 1911 I have (Pointman Guardian Duce), but you might want to ask Bob if he's willing to go with a Patriot instead of a Pointman. Check out their website for the differences.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top