Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2003 3:32:31 PM EDT
I apologize for the newbie question but was hoping you guys could help me out.  I just ordered one of the Bulgarian AK-74 kits and unfortunately wood stocks were all they had in.  My question is - Will the polymer AK-47 stocks from K-Var fit a stamped AK-74 receiver?  Are 47 and 74 stock sets interchangeable?  Also, to insure that I am compliant do the stocks need to be manufactured in the USA?  I know that there are a certain number of US made parts that are required and I thought that the stock set would be an easy way to make sure I had at least a few of them.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The polymer and wood stocks are interchangable on a '74. '47 stocks are not. AK-47's are milled receiver guns, AKM stocks will probably work just fine on a '74. AKMs are similar to SAR-1s, often they are called AK-47s, but they are AKMs. A US made  butt-stock will count towards your US parts count. K-VAR sells a nice US made stock set.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top