Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/29/2003 12:24:08 PM EDT
just picked up an:

i'll be posting on this board a lot more, after i take her on a run.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude thats what Im looking for. Can I ask how much you paid for it????? Give us the run down and  after inspection speach. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
NIce choice! Looking fwd to the reviews.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dude thats what Im looking for. Can I ask how much you paid for it????? Give us the run down and  after inspection speach. Cheers WarDawg

$650.  probably not the absolute best price ever offered, but not bad - desire and immediate availability have this way of combining into a purchase.

i'll let you all have a range report after i shoot it - most likely this weekend.  the one thing i can say initially is that the action is silky smooth...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey twist, I saw 2 ea SAM 7S at a gunshow 2 weeks ago.They was selling them for $550 NIB. I picked them up and they did have the side optic plate. I was figureing they was SAM 7 .But they did turn out to be SAM 7S .I didn't know that much about they at that time. I came home and did some research  and found out that was a very good price for them. I could kick myself in the ass for not buying one. Ive called around but they are going for about $650 in the Atlanta shops. There a gunshow coming back through in 2 weeks, hope I can find one at that price or near it. Where in WA are ya? I lived in Parkland and Puyallup WA for 4 years. Im a Georgia boy ,but my wife is a WA , girl.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

........desire and immediate availability have this way of combining into a purchase.

YEP !!

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They was selling them for $550 NIB.

dang, that is a good price.  best i've seen is an even 600.

Where in WA are ya? I lived in Parkland and Puyallup WA for 4 years. Im a Georgia boy, but my wife is a WA girl.Cheers WarDawg

i'm montana born but now i live in beautiful downtown seattle.  i've got a g3 for rooftop work but i figured i needed something a little easier to handle for clearing buildings if and when the shtf... and for reliable plinking in the mean time.

seattle is definately not my location of choice, but i do have to feed myself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]
FOOD is good. :)  WD
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
NIce choice! Looking fwd to the reviews.

well, here it is:

this rifle is amazing.  right out of the box it is perfectly oiled and ready to fire.  arsenal inc. must make a special effort to prime their rifles for sale, because i took it apart and couldn't find a single thing to clean/oil.

i was using some suspect ammo (golden tiger russian boat-tail w/ the green lacquer), so i wasn't expecting too much accuracy-wise and was pleasantly suprised.  of course, since it's an ak clone it'll eat anything.  but the sa m7 took this only passable ammo and sent it balls on down the range.  now, this is purely hearsay because it wasn't scientifically measured or anything, but i'd say that it was producing 2 moa results or better.

my rifle skills aren't the best, but i can usually hit what i'm aiming for (quarter sized target) if i take my time.  i just couldn't do this rifle justice - it was much more accurate than i was.  no fudging allowed, just like the manual said this thing *was* zeroed out of the box.  it should be noted that most of this firing took place from a standing position (or moving).

two complaints - the sling that comes w/ the rifle is expectedly sub par and the usual crop of ak issues (weight, non drop free mags, iron sights don't allow for rapid target acquisition, no hold open position for the bolt) but i knew what i was getting into when i made the purchase.

all in all, it is the best ak i've ever handled or fired and it is near the top, if not at the top, of *all* the rifles i've ever fired.

i guess the best compliment i can give it is that i plan to sink a good chunk more money into it - peep sights, 3 point sling, reflex scope, lots of waffle mags, ak tac vest, etc.

woo-hoo!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool. A guy at my local range had one that he let me shoot last Saturday. I was really impressed with the workmanship. He had a Cobra red dot mounted on it. Nice shooter. I'm waiting for their new SSR-74-2, which fires the 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
SSR-74-2 is from Arsenal USA, not Arsenal Inc.

Confusing isn't it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Your right. My bad.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top