Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:36:52 PM EDT
last week i purchased my first Krinkov, weapon looked decent, finish was good, cleaned it up, and took it to the range today. First off this is built on an ITM 7.62 receiver, using a 5.45 bulgie kit, builder unknown. this thing wouldnt fully funtion more than 8 rounds in a row before it wouldnt fully eject, and all the rounds didnt have the same report when fired, some rounds sounded louder, and it was strange they didnt all sound the same.
then it wouldnt chamber a round, and lo and behold it appears i have a ruptured case stuck in the chamber with the rim torn off, ive tried using my ruptured case extractor, but it just slides right through the case that is stuck.
anyone got any ideas on how to get this case unstuck?
almost ironic this is my 666th  post
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What about taking a 22 rod and inserting it down the barrel and giving it a sharp tap?

The first round I fired from my ORF Krink did not extract.  Ruined my whole range trip as I did not have a cleaning rod with me.  Got it home, knocked it out, took a good chamber brush and cleaned out the chamber well.. There was some crap left there from the assemble and test fire.  I than ran 150 rounds through it rapid and slow fire with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
the rim of the case blew off, so its a hollow case, the rod slides right through, a standard E. German case extractor doesnt work either, i just ordered another type from K-VAR, hopefully that will work. {is K-VAR a publicly traded stock) ive spent a ton of $ there this last month!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
When I knocked mine out I did it by catching the case neck with the end of the cleaning rod, did not actually insert the rod into the case...  carefully slide a brass or synthetic rod down your barrel and allow the tip to run along the side of the barrel... you might be able to catch the case neck and give it a little whack.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
good news, seller is taking the rifle back, i deducted 50.00 since it got a few scratches at the range, still have the ruptured case stuck in the chamber though, tried a brass cleaning rod, no dice. and tried me E. German case extractor. now ive got a different type coming from K-VAR, hope that works
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top