AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
nice ^
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been considering 3 different setups for a while now, and haven't been able to narrow down to which one would be best. This seems the thread for opinions...

I'm considering either a 762 "Kalashnikov Gunfighter Rig" with an HSGI bleeder/blowout pouch, and a utility pouch for binoculars/ multi-tool/ flashlight/ etc. etc.
-OR-
A Banshee Rifle Plate Carrier, with 3-4 Emdom AK mag pouches, ATS small med pouch, an Emdom VHC, and a EOD/Utility pouch.
-OR-
A Blackhawk STRIKE Omega (Elite) vest, with 2 AK mag pouches (Left Side), Emdom VHC, EOD/Utility pouch (Right Side), Eagle Duty Belt, TT Magna Double Pistol Pouch, and Dump Pouch...

I'm a skinny guy (5'11", 150LBS), I work out about 3 days a week (command PT, hoo-ya), and my biggest concern is whether or not the setup in question will FIT. The last thing I want is for the vest to hang loose and have excessive movement around my chest and core. Are there any other slim guys that can give some first hand experience with what works best for them?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Really depends on your build. I'm 5'9" 150lbs and I've actually had rigs run too small because I'm extremely broad-shouldered and have a big chest. I don't have experience specifically with those rigs but most should have plenty of adjustment range to size down for your build.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Here is the link to the product:  Strikehard Gear

Thanks for the link.  I am in the market for another AK rig and this will work well.  The 6 mag shoulder pouch looks slick also.

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rvaducks:

Thanks for the link.  I am in the market for another AK rig and this will work well.  The 6 mag shoulder pouch looks slick also.

I just received mine in Multicam last week. My only gripe is that it took 3 weeks to arrive, BUT...it says 2-3 weeks lead time on their website and I am happy with the product I received. I ran it at the range for a few hours and I will be using it in my first AK Operator's Course this Summer. VERY well-made and much more afforadable than some rigs of the bigger named companies. I have no worries about this product tearing up easily. Pics to follow at a later date.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Renegade3745:
I've been considering 3 different setups for a while now, and haven't been able to narrow down to which one would be best. This seems the thread for opinions...

I'm considering either a 762 "Kalashnikov Gunfighter Rig" with an HSGI bleeder/blowout pouch, and a utility pouch for binoculars/ multi-tool/ flashlight/ etc. etc.
-OR-
A Banshee Rifle Plate Carrier, with 3-4 Emdom AK mag pouches, ATS small med pouch, an Emdom VHC, and a EOD/Utility pouch.
-OR-
A Blackhawk STRIKE Omega (Elite) vest, with 2 AK mag pouches (Left Side), Emdom VHC, EOD/Utility pouch (Right Side), Eagle Duty Belt, TT Magna Double Pistol Pouch, and Dump Pouch...

I'm a skinny guy (5'11", 150LBS), I work out about 3 days a week (command PT, hoo-ya), and my biggest concern is whether or not the setup in question will FIT. The last thing I want is for the vest to hang loose and have excessive movement around my chest and core. Are there any other slim guys that can give some first hand experience with what works best for them?

I friend of mine who is on the skinny side (5'9" 140ish) used my KGF.  He was able to adjust it so that it was snug.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd been leaning more towards the KGF, and if it fits snuggly on your friend then it's probably what I'll invest in with this next pay check. I've been on the fence about how the Emdom AK mag pouches would look/fit on the other two vests.
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
CXS, what are the details of your rifle, man? I've been looking for a stock like yours for a while but I suck at this. Is it just a standard 74 folder? I'm a pretty big guy and need a stock with a little more length than the standard wooden stock. Just curious, if you got time...
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 4:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balog] [#9]
Anyone have any experience with this Chinese 4 cell rig? Hard to tell from the photos if it's actual Chinese mil-surp or not.

Also, any sources for the Russian SMERSH/SPOSN etc gear? All I found in this thread was this.
Any reviews of either set of gear ya'll could point me to?
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 11:26:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willieboy] [#10]
This is the first version of the U.S. Palm Attack Rack.  It is a simple and effective rig that is very comfortable.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/P1010009.jpg

Below is the Original S.O.E Mookie War Rig Light.  I have mounted four HSGI Tacos, three S.O. Tech pistol mag pouches, and a First Light Tomahawk flashlight.  The Mookie rig also has a zippered compartment behind the basic panel that will accommodate spent mags, my Depends and Melba toast.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/P1010001.jpg

I am awaiting delivery of UW Gear's AK Bandoleer.  The bandoleer will accommodate three mags and can be worn over the shoulder.  I think this will be a handy unit for grab and go applications.

Link Posted: 7/9/2012 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Balog:
Anyone have any experience with this Chinese 4 cell rig? Hard to tell from the photos if it's actual Chinese mil-surp or not.

Also, any sources for the Russian SMERSH/SPOSN etc gear? All I found in this thread was this.
Any reviews of either set of gear ya'll could point me to?

I have the Chines 4 cell and it works great

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 10:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtate] [#12]
Russian "Lifchik" this one is dated 1988. When I run 7.62 mags I can fit 4, 2 in the center pouch and 1 each in the side pouches. With 5.45 mags I can get 2 in each pouch.

Chinese 3 pocket that I modified and use, I like it, simple and rugged.

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By hilljb:
Here is mine.  I looked around quite a bit before deciding on one, and I am very happy with this rig.  I will add a blowout pouch and probably an accessories pouch too eventually, but I like to keep my stuff as low-pro as I can.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/hill2jb/Photoon4-10-12at916AM.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/hill2jb/Photoon4-10-12at916AM2.jpg

Just bough this. Comes in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/16/2012 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing fancy but it works.

Link Posted: 8/16/2012 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]
this is what i have but i put different mag pouches on it us molle 2
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone try out the BCS AK47 Chest Rig? Sort of leaning towards something that's low profile and this seems to fit the bill.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a couple of the Eagle AK47 3-Mag Chest Rig from SKD Tactical in Ranger Green.

High quality, inexpensive, easy to customize with MOLLE pouches and comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone tried setting up an AK rig on a Banshee Plate Carrier? Would this be a good idea? Been thinking about pairing it with EMDOM's AK mag pouches...
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 7:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HWI] [#19]
Has anyone tried setting up an AK rig on a Banshee Plate Carrier? Would this be a good idea? Been thinking about pairing it with EMDOM's AK mag pouches...

The Banshee has molle, so it will work fine. Just throw on some good mag pouches.
I am not a fan of velcro closures on mag pouches at all, they are loud and they wear out. I am personally a big fan of HSGI Tacos.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 3:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjonesgtaw] [#20]

heres my setup. i switch between this and a modified chest rig.

the mag pouches are custom made by strike hard gear. he normally sells them in 2 cell or 4 cell configuration. i asked him to build me a setup for 3 and it matches my banshee perfect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bjonesgtaw:

heres my setup. i switch between this and a modified chest rig.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/stealthcammo1/1001121036.jpg

the mag pouches are custom made by strike hard gear. he normally sells them in 2 cell or 4 cell configuration. i asked him to build me a setup for 3 and it matches my banshee perfect.

Hallelujah! Someone that's done it, with pictures! Thanks buddy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
no problem
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Deputyjason:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/jbabal/DSC01798.jpg

It's Serbian, and has more pockets than I know what to do with

I found a site with all kinds of serbian, iraqi, and syrian web gear. Did you happen to purchase this vest from this site. I  have been unable to remember the web address to order one, but that site had this particular rig. Any help is greatly appreciated on where you got this rig.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Just recently put together my first AK chest rig so it is a work in progress. I got the chest rig in new condition for $50.00 and the light pouch new for $5.00 so I thought it was a decent start. Templar Insurgent chest rig with a Specter light pouch and a Surefire 6P Defender w/ a Malkoff M61. Bulgarian 30 rnd waffle mags in the pouches.

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BravoFourActual] [#25]

bottom image i do not own.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#27]
the top one no its like generic, it doesn't have a tag or any markings, but it works superbly well.   the bottom one i don't know what it is.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BravoFourActual:
the top one no its like generic, it doesn't have a tag or any markings, but it works superbly well.   the bottom one i don't know what it is.

What are your dimensions if you don't mind me asking? Height? Weight? I've been in search of a good vest to start a set up on for my AK for a long time. I've seen that most Russian rigs are similar to the Blackhawk Omega style vests. Haven't been able to make a commitment money wise to anything yet though. Still fishing...
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 8:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#29]
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Here is my Banshee with a US Palm triple mag shingle, TT Fight Light nhanced admin pouch, TYR small IFAK and 50 oz hydration bladder on back. I've tried a bunch of different AK rigs over the years and this is the best for me. The US Palm mag shingles really work well with their curved construction and plastic rib along the spine to protect against the locking lug. They would be great on a MOLLE MAV or similar chest rig. And they work with 5.45, 5.56, and 7.62 waffles.

Link Posted: 11/4/2012 4:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#31]
I'm using the Costa leg rig. So far it's alright.

http://youtu.be/nddHDA9fgG8?hd=1
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I am quite the skinny fellow 5'11, 155, so the chest area of the vest does not fit too well but it works well anyways. i have a 32 waist and that fits very well to the rig.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I'm using the Costa leg rig. So far it's alright.

http://youtu.be/nddHDA9fgG8?hd=1

Planning on getting one of these rigs soon !!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#34]
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h354/mindbeyondaverage/DSC084742_zps654903e3.jpg
Condor MCR3 with HSGI mag pouches in conjunction with USGG Infidel war belt and what is on it.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h354/mindbeyondaverage/p11_zps453350fc.jpg
I mounted the mag pouches and mags upside down because I find it easier to pull the mag downward and out and rock it into the AK magwel.  This is the fastest and most comfortable way I have found that works for me.  The mags do not fall out while running, jumping, or any other activity.  I intentionally chose the HSGI pouches, as well as the Tapco wafle style mags so that the pouch grips it well and the mag cannot slide out.  This set up would not work with steel mags.  Regardless of how tight the HSGI pouches are, they will eventually slide out most of the way.  This also allows me to comfortably go into prone position without obstruction, allowing me to easily fire in prone, as well as executing reloads with a slight lean.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Here is my surplus web gear, to go w/ my SAR1-2 Romanian 2 cell mag pouches,Romy Drum pouch, Romy Bayonet (sharpened),Russian canteen, EG pouch in back. Romy fur hat on top of suspenders.  looking for genuine belt & suspenders at a reasonable price to replace what I am using now.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#36]

VooDoo Tactical Molle Modular Vest
x4 EMDOM AK/M4 Mag pouches
x4 Eagle Grenade Pouches
Emdom Vehicle Hydration Carrier

Not quite done with it yet. Still need to get the Camelbak bladder for the carrier, probably an EMDOM small utility shingle, and either move the grenade pouches to the sides and add BLACKHAWK utility pouches to the breast area, or keep'em where they are and put some sort of small vertical utility pouches on the sides. Not sure yet. Any suggestions? Also, can anyone recommend a good radio pouch for a Motorola CP 125? Managed to save/steal a few "broken" ones from work before they could be thrown out. Thinking of mounting the radio pouch of of the side of the hydration carrier and running a mic up to the shoulder.

Based the layout off of some Russian rigs I'd seen pictures of, I'm a bit on the skinny side, so the "document pouches" and the back space were padded out with cuts from an old mattress memory foam topper I had folded up and packed away. Vest fits like a glove now!
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Banshee
HSGI taco pouches
Tactical Tailor hydration pouch

Soon to mount a utility/admin pouch, a knife that is being made for me, and an IFAK

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Beez combat system. Going to add a couple things to it, holds the 47 mags nicely too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:16:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnxdshooter] [#39]
Here is what I am using. In coyote tan. I did not want to bust out the camera for pics but it works well. Heck I am 6ft5 300 pounds and it still works well and is not to heavy. Especially if you are carrying polymer mags.

http://www.strikehardgear.com/ak-47-chest-rig/

I use the optional shingle with it also to allow to carry even more magazines.

http://www.strikehardgear.com/ak-47-molle-magazine-shingle/

They are well worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#40]
SPOSN Smersh.  Basically an updated version of the old Soviet RD54 airborne LBE with assault pack.

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Just picked up a US Palm Attack Rack V1. Feels like good kit but not throwing away my Chicom 5 mag bags anytime soon. Jury is still out on the Strike Hard Gear 6x40 Magazine Shoulder Bag
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Lowest Price that i found on internet and they offer 10% discount coupon:
Pistol Grip
Buttstock
Rail System
I bought more expensive parts but if your on a tight budget
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Survivalist-Dave:
Lowest Price that i found on internet and they offer 10% discount coupon:
Pistol Grip
Buttstock
Rail System
I bought more expensive parts but if your on a tight budget
View Quote

Strange that you push that product line in every post.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes i do!
I was satisfied
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 9:51:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hodgescl] [#46]
Cheapo 4 pouch m16 bandoleer. They stretch

Works with ak mags and vepr 308 20rders.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a Zastava PAP, the one that uses single stack 10-rnd mags.  Anything that will carry10-rnd mags without leaving too much room in the pockets?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KNDAKGEAR] [#48]
Are you looking for a chest rig specifically? I know the SDS mags pouches for the M4 will cinch down tight on a single mag.

ETA- What about the Type-63 chicom rigs? I think those work with FAL mags and may be a good fit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:35:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KNDAKGEAR] [#49]
Here is my current gear. The top is s SADF rig that I modified a bit. The bottom PLCE type rig works for my AK or AR rifles. It will carry 8 AK or 12  AR mags.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KNDAKGEAR:
Are you looking for a chest rig specifically? I know the SDS mags pouches for the M4 will cinch down tight on a single mag.

ETA- What about the Type-63 chicom rigs? I think those work with FAL mags and may be a good fit.
View Quote

Yes, looking for a chest rig.  I haven't been able to find one specifically for 10rnd AK mags.  I was just looking into the Type 63 Chinese rig you mentioned and so far out of everything I've looked at this one seems to be my best option.  I have 6 mags for my AK so the 5 pouch thing is perfect.  Thanks for the help.
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top