User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/13/2011 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:
Found this pic Travis Haley just posted on Facebook..

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/298404_206586319408126_136737106393048_559039_1306495386_n.jpg

CXS

What mags does he have in there?

Link Posted: 12/13/2011 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2011 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By snare:
Originally Posted By hondajohn:
Originally Posted By snare:
Originally Posted By Jimmybp:

Originally Posted By 22OBrCpNaz:
What rig is this?

THIS..... That rig is great, who made this & where can I grab one? Looks like an updated classic Russian/Chinese chest rig and on top of that, it almost looks like it was made by OSOE.

+2

This looks really well made.  For the prepared individual I prefer flapped pouches.

I want one !  Where can I get one?

+3 where do I get a few of those

Found it !

UW Gear Inc.  by Diz and Hawkeye

I have ordered one and an honest, thorough review with video will be forthcoming.

I have no financial interest in the company.

i got to examine on of Diz and Hawkeye's chest rigs Saturday. its a very impressive piece. the stitching is even and perfectly straight and the materials very rugged. their flap retention system is dead silent and  impervious to dirt.
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never seen any of Diz's work, but I have heard John Willis of OSOE say a ton of great stuff about Diz on several youtube vid's.  

I need another chest rig like I need a hole in the head, but I might get one of these.  I like the pouch design a lot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]

-Eagle/SKD all molle chest rig
-HSGI releasable H-harness
-Emdom CQB-M4 mag pouch x3
-HSGI rifle Taco
-HSGI pistol Taco x2
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine:

Here it is with my plate carrier:

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any thoughts on the US PALM's  AK Attack Rack or there AK Attack Rack2?

https://uspalm.com/component/magebridge/us-palm-ak-attack-rack-v2.html?Itemid=102
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By William849:
Anyone have any thoughts on the US PALM's  AK Attack Rack or there AK Attack Rack2?

https://uspalm.com/component/magebridge/us-palm-ak-attack-rack-v2.html?Itemid=102

I had the V1.  Their chest rigs were made by Tyr and some by CSM.  I didn't care for it. The shoulder straps were too close together which made it feel like it was pinching the sides of neck.  The spacious interior pocket caused unneccasry slop with rig fully loaded.  It felt like the front was pulling away and shifting under the weight.  The mag pouches were kind of well designed.  The pouches do not have a bungee or elastic retention.  The bungee retention cords don't have sufficient seperation to properly catch the heel of an AK mag and keep it in place.  I did some callistenics with the rig loaded and eventually all of the mags fell out of their pouches.  Also, I don't like that the pouches will only hold one mag each.  For the $135 I paid for it,  I was dissapointed and sold it.

I like my OSOE Micro AK rig and 762Tactical chest rig WAY better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.  The 762Tactical seems very well made and functional.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TENN:

They retain mags just fine for casual range use

The TACO is my "go-to" pouch for emergency reloads for the rifle. They are good for much more than just casual range use for me and numerous others.

but too much of the mag is exposed and all that is holding it in is the shock cord tension.

I actually like a large portion of the mag body being exposed since it allows better purchase on the magazine. I know some people like less of the mag body to be exposed, but that will basically come down to personal preference.

Plus, they are bulky to run more than one line across the front of a plate carrier,

I'm not a fan of running more than 1 layer of mags across my front regardless of pouch, but do admit the regular Taco probably isnt the best option if you want to run multiple rows of mags. If that is your desire, I recommend a single Taco as an emergency reload pouch and something along the lines of a UMP to backfill from.  

The bungee cord upgrades you mentioned do not work well for the AK's (yes, I tried that).  The tabs they sell are not made to hook on the corner of the bottom of the AK magazine t hold them in.

I dont try to anchor the mag via the tab. Instead I use the shock cord itself and have it hook the corner of the mag.  

but not my preference for an AK pouch.  

Ans thats what it all boils down to............ personal preference.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ytka:

What rig is this?

The older style Eagle Rhodesian Recon Vest.  You can find them for $40-60.

The new style is here for $169:
http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-Rhodesian-Recon-Vest-p/eag.555.htm
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
picked up a nice condor rig off amazon for 40 shipped.  It can hold 6 mags plus 4 pistol mags and it has more room to add some molle gear, good stitching, nice padding.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7411/dscn2541w.jpg

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1408/dscn2525w.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4174/dscn2523p.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6695/dscn2536d.jpg

Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dispatch55126] [#13]
No pics but I have a Blackhawk Down chest rig that carries 8 AK mags and 2 pistol mags.  Fits comfortably and the weight balances out well when carrying my 3-day pack.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Whats the go to place for surplus chest rigs?
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]
link to blackhawk down chest rig plz
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 9:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikeman543] [#16]

Dude, you just cannot beat the 762Tactical price or construction.  And, I always say if you need something alittle different Colin will do custom work on any of his rigs.  I still see guys showing pics of rigs that look almost identical to 762 rigs, but they brag on a much higher price tag.  Affordable, functional and durable.  

Here is a review I did on 762Tactical when I got my first rig.  Review
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bikeman543:

Dude, you just cannot beat the 762Tactical price or construction.  And, I always say if you need something alittle different Colin will do custom work on any of his rigs.  I still see guys showing pics of rigs that look almost identical to 762 rigs, but they brag on a much higher price tag.  Affordable, functional and durable.  

Here is a review I did on 762Tactical when I got my first rig.  Review

Just read your review, looks like quality stuff for sure.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bikeman543:
... I still see guys showing pics of rigs that look almost identical to 762 rigs, but they brag on a much higher price tag.  Affordable, functional and durable.  

*shrug* that doesn't mean a lot to me, other than that you really like the 762 rigs. Opinions being what they are, you know. It's not like 762 invented the chest rig.

I have a few other rigs, both more and less expensive than the 762 rigs, and i have found what works for me is something else entirely.

As you said, to each their own. Back to your regularly scheduled thread-O'coolness...
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 3:05:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#19]
I'm surprised there aren't many (any?) US Palm AK Attack Rack users in here... Is there a reason for that? I haven't read any bad reviews on the V2 and I'm thinking about picking one up to start taking some carbine courses with. I have no experience with gear so I'd really like some input.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:
I'm surprised there aren't many (any?) US Palm AK Attack Rack users in here... Is there a reason for that?

Simple answer (at least for me) - the cost is high and there are a lot of comparable products that are MUCH cheaper
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#21]
Originally Posted By kmb147:
I'm surprised there aren't many (any?) US Palm AK Attack Rack users in here... Is there a reason for that?

Simple answer (at least for me) - the cost is high and there are a lot of comparable products that are MUCH cheaper

That's kinda what I figured, can you point me in the right direction for some similar rigs? Cost isn't really a concern but I like having choices
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:
Originally Posted By fortyfive4life:
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Try this one
www.centerfiresystems.com/productimages/tactical/POU6P-DIG-B.jpg

19.95 at Centerfire. Lots of pockets. The side cargo pockets can hold a full size 1911

How many AK mags does that hold?

I have one of these in Marpat from CTD.  It holds 6 mags.  It's pretty well made for $20.

I cannot find this in ther iweb page. Any links
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 1:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#23]
Originally Posted By rocknrod6:
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:
Originally Posted By fortyfive4life:
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Try this one
www.centerfiresystems.com/productimages/tactical/POU6P-DIG-B.jpg

19.95 at Centerfire. Lots of pockets. The side cargo pockets can hold a full size 1911

How many AK mags does that hold?

I have one of these in Marpat from CTD.  It holds 6 mags.  It's pretty well made for $20.

I cannot find this in ther iweb page. Any links

You realize that post was made 7/23/2007 right? Not trying to be an ass, but CTD and Centerfire carry different products every month practically, so you'd have a better shot at finding buried treasure in your back yard than being able to find a product they had in stock 5 years ago on their website. Centerfire most recently had this, however the webbing looks really really thin and I'm sure the material is crap. Even that product is out of stock and not available for backorder, though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I use a Tactical Chest Rig made by BDS Tactical in Calif.  They have an AK mag option that will give you 8 mags in 4 pockets, I added 2 shot shell pockets, 2 qt canteen, Mag dump pouch, a bib with admin added and 1911 holster for about $220.  Available in all comos/colors.  Made in USA to custom specs and well made,  MultiCam is good, ACU too depends where you are, as you well know.

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/cat-chest-rigs.cfm
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a SMERSH rig that's used by Russian spetsnaz, ideally it holds 8 mags (4pouches of 2 mags) however tere are seperators in those mag pouches that can be removed (they are on velcro) and 3rd mag can be inserted for total of 12 mags =)

Splav's m23 Pioneer would do nice as well if you want something cheaper, it hold 8 mags and its really light as well =)
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I really like the smersh, I just haven't ponied up the $ for one yet.

Link Posted: 2/19/2012 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#27]
People shouldnt be allowed to post pics without links to the products

Originally Posted By Dragonfly228:
I prefer the E&E rifle bog out bag.  I have the dark blue one so that I can sling it over my shoulder with a pistol, water and several mags and not even get a second look.
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ProductImages/Bogoutbag%20003.jpg

all the chest rigs are way cool, but in reality, when would you EVER wear it out in public?  If a hurricane hit my island and I needed to make a quick run to get more baby food and diapers, I would stick out like a sore thumb wearing a chest rig...

Here is it in action with myslef and buddy of mine during an AK combatives class.  We put our AK's in a folding chair bag, I stuck an upbrell out the end for more camoflage and we could've walked into the local McD's for lunch and not gotten a second glance from anyone.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8762/akshootersdk3.jpg

Link Posted: 2/21/2012 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#28]
How my TT MAV looks at the moment:

As the MAV lives at work, I ended up buying an ATS slick front rig for recreational use:
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 9:56:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MRF54] [#29]

UW Gear chect rig (CB) with DarkAngel BOK and a SORDS four-banger vertical pouch.
First Spear 'Sleeper Cell' (BLK) body armor with plates - it holds four AK74 bulgy mags (2 per side) with it's integral, wing, mag pouches

UW Gear 7.62x39 Minute man chest rig

Crye JPC
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Sweet rigs! Can you give us any details on the rifles? Particularly the second one?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Sweet rigs! Can you give us any details on the rifles? Particularly the second one?

Rifle in the first picture is an Arsenal SGL 31-61, chopped barrel, perm-attached Wilson Combat FH (these don't ring like an AAC or Vortex), MI X-SS fwd rail, T1 2MOA in a LT661, AKARS top cover, Bolton Gas Block/FS, US Palm grip, Vltor stock adapter, Magpul stock, ITAL IR laser, Ergo Pop Bottle VG (cut into stubby), Krebs safety lever and VTAC light mount combo.

The rifle in the second picture is a Krebs KTR03 7.62x39mm with an H1 4MOA, US Palm grip, LMT SOPMOD stock and Ergo Pop Bottle VG.

Third picture is the same as the first but with the ULTIMAK piston rail, no VG, a Vortex FH with a screw on (goes over the actual FH and screws on to external threads) 5.45x39mm ARMATAC suppressor and all coated to match.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]
plain jane chest rig that's about to be Krylon'd and my Serpa setup for the 92.

Link Posted: 2/29/2012 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MRF54:
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/MRF54/AK/IMG_1148.jpg

UW Gear chect rig (CB) with DarkAngel BOK and a SORDS four-banger vertical pouch.
First Spear 'Sleeper Cell' (BLK) body armor with plates - it holds four AK74 bulgy mags (2 per side) with it's integral, wing, mag pouches
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/MRF54/AK/IMG_1146.jpg

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/MRF54/AK/IMG_1150_2.jpg

Crye JPC

I've gotten a few mssgs about the First Spear Sleeper Cell.
Here are some close ups:

You can easily set the velcro cummerbund with the mag pouches to be where you want them.
This set up is for wearing under a loose, unbuttoned shirt.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#34]
For soft armor and plates? You seem like you know what you are doing.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Spikes08:

Yes and you need one...but that's not me in the picture...
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

Pffffhhh.

Nice try, Cuddles.

You know it's hard to admit but I have really been a nicer person since my penis reduction surgery was successful.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By cowboy:

Pffffhhh.

Nice try, Cuddles.

You know it's hard to admit but I have really been a nicer person since my penis reduction surgery was successful.

Did you use that knife stuck in that skull for the surgery?

Also do you have a line on those vest?
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Rifle in the first picture is an Arsenal SGL 31-61, chopped barrel, perm-attached Wilson Combat FH (these don't ring like an AAC or Vortex), MI X-SS fwd rail, T1 2MOA in a LT661, AKARS top cover, Bolton Gas Block/FS, US Palm grip, Vltor stock adapter, Magpul stock, ITAL IR laser, Ergo Pop Bottle VG (cut into stubby), Krebs safety lever and VTAC light mount combo.

The rifle in the second picture is a Krebs KTR03 7.62x39mm with an H1 4MOA, US Palm grip, LMT SOPMOD stock and Ergo Pop Bottle VG.

Third picture is the same as the first but with the ULTIMAK piston rail, no VG, a Vortex FH with a screw on (goes over the actual FH and screws on to external threads) 5.45x39mm ARMATAC suppressor and all coated to match.

Thanks for the reply! Very, very awesome collection. I love the KTR03, suppressed 5.45 sounds like a fuckin kick in the pants too. Can we be friends? Ha
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 3:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#40]

Crye JPC

"HIV POS" You have my sense of humor.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Crye JPC

"HIV POS" You have my sense of humor.

Twisted and demented...?
That patch has really freaked some people out over the years but I at least I never get asked for blood. I just tell them it's in remission and not to worry or ask them if they want to see a picture of Wilt Chamberlain and their mom...
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#42]
I just realized I post in this thread all the time but never actually put up any pics. They're shit, but most of my posts are shit anyways so whatever.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone bought the 762Tactical Operator rig?  

It's kind of like the Eagle/SKD Universal rig, but with bungees and it can take 2 AK mags or AR mags per pouch.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#44]
0uTkAsT, do you have any pictures of just your ak? I'm looking for inspiration and I like the look of it, from what I can see. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 1:01:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#45]
Originally Posted By TedtheNinja:
0uTkAsT, do you have any pictures of just your ak? I'm looking for inspiration and I like the look of it, from what I can see. Thanks.

Probably more than you ever would care to look at, sir.

Click here for the build thread

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#46]
One more question, I'm new to the game so sorry, but how are those us palm mags treating you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#47]
So far, they are fantastic, but to date I have less than ~500 or so rounds through each of them. They fit and feed 100% in my rifles, but more importantly they are much lighter and far easier to grip than the steel surplus mags I've used for years. I was skeptical and it took me a long time just to try some (mainly due to price point), but since then I've really fallen in love. US Palm are great folks to deal with also. These are the only non-surplus magazines I will run as of right now. I've broken Tapcos and ProMags and Thermolds and even some polymer Bulgarian slab-sides, so I'm excited to see how these hold up under heavy use for prolonged periods of time. They're supposedly tough as nails, but I'm the kind of person who has to find out for myself.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I run Russian rigs with my loadouts. Mostly Smersh (my favorite), but also some chestrigs as well.

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Here what I've used and take to the range now and then.
Eagle Low Vis Armor Carrier  with a Diamondback Tactical BattleLab AK47 Low Vis. Rack (I don't think they make this rig anymore)
and HSGI Shoulder Pads all in coyote brown.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Here is mine.  I looked around quite a bit before deciding on one, and I am very happy with this rig.  I will add a blowout pouch and probably an accessories pouch too eventually, but I like to keep my stuff as low-pro as I can.

Here is the link to the product:  Strikehard Gear
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top