Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:33:25 PM EDT
I just got a yugo m-70 underfolder. I love it! I want to trick it out with a vertical grip, scope mount, tactical light, laser sight and black forearm grip. I have had a hard time finding any information about the yugo, except it has a longer forearm( the top? bottom? or both?) I want to get that black .AK Tri-rail Mount Lower and upper Forend does it fit??? also i like the low profile russian side mount scopes. where do i get the rail installed?? it would be nice if it was in oregon but if someone does good work I'm willing to pay for S.&H
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:59:34 PM EDT
Not trying to flame you but whats the purpose for all this "tactical" stuff on an underfolder?
If you want a "tactical" AK get one with a siderail and either add a surplus scope or a new production red dot such as a PK-AS or a Kobra!
Most "tactical" stuff does not a good shooter make! Remember that one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
thanks for your opinion, I would probably say same thing "gear queer" and your half right. I want the tac light and the red dot, the other stuff is just for looks to be honest. I want a fast target acquisition scope, I don't know much about russian products, so I'm sticking with american optics. I'm new to ak's, I served 4years in the marines africa, afghanistan and Iraq. I was a 0331(machingunner) and had a chance to shoot ak-47 at bagrum airforce base. it was a underfolder of some kind. I very impressed with the fire power and was accurate enough to kill a man within 200 meters( average engament distance) the ammo I used was of various manufacture. it still preformed. I have a ar-15 but the ak has the fire power that i love and if i ever needed a weapon I would reach for the ak, that is why I want the rail and the "goodies".

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:42:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 9:44:37 AM EDT by Robotizing]
Freedomoptics.com carries a tactical light thatn can be mounted on any AK, I believe it is also used by the Russian army or special forces.
Link
Since they are out of stock you may try tantal, he could have one in stock.
Link
I wouldn't buy any US optics when the real deal is so cheap, POSP 4x24 scope can be had for $100 or so! And a Kobra red dot which is used by the Russian special forces for $150-180. I just bought a PK-AS red dot which I haven't shot yet but Its outstanding. For $200 I think its a fair price.
www.posp.ru has some good deals on red dots, check them out.
If you really want to red dot an underfolder I would think the best best option would be a scout mount, I've heard good things about them. I've never really heard good things about scopes ontop of the gas port.
Here's the Link

Well, good luck. I hope I gave u more options to look at!

Edited to Add:
This is what a real tactical AK looks to me:

Photo taken from tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:30:36 PM EDT
thanks for the info, so it would be worth buying a side rail for a scope mount verses a replacement top cover one?about the optics I think I'll stick to what i know, if i could handle or look through one I would consider it. ultmak, will fit the yugo? I got a idea, what about adding the railing my self? buy mini weaver rails, drill my current hand guards and see if it works. it would do find for a tac light and a vertical grip. but the laser and the scope would need something that would have very little play. right now I'm only seeing the option of getting a side rail installed for the russian style mount. the ultmak is lot to pay for a mount, if my idea works, i could do it for the fraction of the cost and buy ammo! I'm it's just a idea, do you think it will work??
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:26:04 PM EDT
Will an underfolder stock clear a side rail?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:06:49 PM EDT
AS FAR AS I CAN GATHER YES, BUT IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SOME REASON, i DON'T KNOW IF IT IS OUT OF PREFERENCE, I'M REALLY UNDECIDED ON THE SIDE RAIL. i LIKE THE UTLTIMAK SCOUT MOUNT BUT I'M NOT FOND OF THE PRICE. I MIGHT JUST GO WITH IT, IT'S EASYIER THEN PAYING TO GET THE RAIL MOUNTS INSTALLED.
Top Top