Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:38:10 PM EDT
I have a few questions for the Subject Matter Experts regarding the clear 7.62mm AK magazines. Who made them - my interpreter has a few and, as I've not seen them with my own eyes as of yet, I was just wondering. Are they rare - I cannot recall seeing them made by anyone unless it was some kind of after-market commercial thing.

Also, does anyone have a link to some site listing all the various country manufacturing marks/stamps - I know most of them and remember somewhere that showed them all but now I often confuse or forget them at the time. A reference would be helpful for all the magazines I find.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:42:18 AM EDT
Only ones that I know of are Bulgarian, but its possible others have made them, and we just dont know about them.

As far as IDing mags, the ones that are easy all have the same markings as a rifle.. I.E. Bulgarian metal mags will have a ((10)) on the spine, most Russian mags will have an Arrow in Triangle on the rib, etc..

Otherwise, its difficult..

There is a post on the boards somewhere that shows the different mags, so one can ID them based on just the appearence but I dont think its complete.. I have a bunch of metal AKM type mags I cant ID.

Yugo mags (and would assume Iraqi) mags have one less rib at the bottom...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:22:04 AM EDT
Thanks, Rob. I'm finding the most peculiar mags here. Or, I guess more accurately, mags with odd markings. I found two Izzy logo side-stamped steel magazines (the ones with the "arrow in teh triangle" logo stamped on one side) but the stamped "arrow in the triangles" logo are a bit different compared to each. One is a bit bigger than the other. Same with some Tula bakelites. One star is a different shaped star than the other, and some stars are bigger than others. Triangle logos the same. I've had tons of mags to do comparisons on. I guess those may represent different eras of manufacture. And I've seen some of the Chinese steel mags with the spine have markings, some do not. Almost all the Chinese mags in general I find are sterile.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:56:31 AM EDT
Well, just remember my address to send them to....

By the way, the book will go out to you tomorrow.
Top Top