Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2003 6:53:28 AM EDT
Well I know the ar as stripper clips/bando/50cal can to store ammo. Is there anything for the 5.45x39 in a similar fashion to store large quantities of ammo for quick use?

Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:08:27 PM EDT
5.45 has realy cool 15 round stripper clips. They have to be the best engineered stripper clips in service; as they won't fall out, and will only come off one placed in the guide.

They are a little on the expensive side though.

I just bought a 30mm ammo can (not the more common 20mm), loaded the mags, and store in there. About 50 fit in there quite well. I have a good numger of strippers ahnd have several cans full of that, but mostly, I just keep the ammo loose in .30, or .50 cal. cans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:13:33 PM EDT
How expensive are the stripper clips? Would it be more cost efficient to just buy mags at $10/each?

Thanks,
Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:29:48 PM EDT
It depends on how much ammo you want to store.

I have about 75 stripper clips. They run about .75 to 1.50 each. I pick them up when I find them for a good price only.

I was able to pick up mags in the glory days when they were $5 each, so it was more cost effective for me to buy mags then.

Either way, mags will be worth more $ down the road, so they wouldn't be a bad investment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:28:23 PM EDT
sounds like a plan to me...I'm getting ready to order 5 mags from biship223 and hope those are ok, and then I'll have to buy more. Wife is gone so I've been spending more liberally.

Nismofun
Top Top