Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/30/2003 6:53:28 AM EDT
Well I know the ar as stripper clips/bando/50cal can to store ammo.  Is there anything for the 5.45x39 in a similar fashion to store large quantities of ammo for quick use?

Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
5.45 has realy cool 15 round stripper clips.  They have to be the best engineered stripper clips in service; as they won't fall out, and will only come off one placed in the guide.

They are a little on the expensive side though.

I just bought a 30mm ammo can (not the more common 20mm), loaded the mags, and store in there. About 50 fit in there quite well. I have a good numger of strippers ahnd have several cans full of that, but mostly, I just keep the ammo loose in .30, or .50 cal. cans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
How expensive are the stripper clips?  Would it be more cost efficient to just buy mags at $10/each?

Thanks,
Nismofun
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on how much ammo you want to store.

I have about 75 stripper clips.  They run about .75 to 1.50 each. I pick them up when I find them for a good price only.

I was able to pick up mags in the glory days when they were $5 each, so it was more cost effective for me to buy mags then.

Either way, mags will be worth more $ down the road, so they wouldn't be a bad investment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like a plan to me...I'm getting ready to order 5 mags from biship223 and hope those are ok, and then I'll have to buy more.  Wife is gone so I've been spending more liberally.

Nismofun
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top