Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:22:34 PM EDT
Five down, 6 to go. All rivet builds. All are Romy "G" kits except for a Yugo M92 that will be built into a pistol. Started with the standard Romy configuration, then the blond, and then the Ace (right to left).

Plans are to finish another blond, 2 laminated standard configurations (without front pistol grip), an underfolder, and the final one with OD green furniture (if I can ever find a set).

I'll finish building before I enter the "refinishing" stage. Some if that wood needs it bad and I can't live with those shiny rivets. Gonne get geared up for some MolyResin work later.

The rack's gonna be full eventually!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:09:20 PM EDT
Happiness is a full rack... of rifles, that is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:58:07 PM EDT
Even a full rack of ribs can make my day.. but the full rack of rifles is more fun.. nice rifles.. Whos receivers did you use? flats? I built my first one on a NDS3... came out fine... just heat treated three Tapco flats that I bent up a couple of days ago, this evening.. seems pretty easy... reports to follow.. Les
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:19:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LesStaley:
Even a full rack of ribs can make my day.. but the full rack of rifles is more fun.. nice rifles.. Whos receivers did you use? flats? I built my first one on a NDS3... came out fine... just heat treated three Tapco flats that I bent up a couple of days ago, this evening.. seems pretty easy... reports to follow.. Les

Looks like Global 1.0mm receivers from what I can tell from the pictures.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:43:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 6:43:53 AM EDT by ArmedFerret]

Originally Posted By tapeo1:
Happiness is a full rack... of rifles, that is.

i know another full rack that makes me happy.

but that's best reserved for the team clubhouse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:10:28 AM EDT

Looks like Global 1.0mm receivers from what I can tell from the pictures.

Good eye! I'm doing all of my building on Global's 1.0mm type II. Everything so far has gone together without a hitch. No trimming or "tweaking" needed. If they'd increase production it'd be better yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:39:22 AM EDT
does global utilize tabs below the lower rails on both sides of the magwell?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:13:20 PM EDT
Well done! Drool
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:37:59 PM EDT
nice pics & good job on all those builds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:21:04 PM EDT
Got a little bored with the rifles so decided to build the M92. Came out pretty good and shoots well too.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:22:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Not sure what you mean. I don't see anything that could be "tabs".
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:40:39 PM EDT
Woodsy, tell me about the blond? I'd like to do one like that. What wood did you use and how did you finish it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:46:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JCKnife:
Woodsy, tell me about the blond? I'd like to do one like that. What wood did you use and how did you finish it?

I cheated and bought the stock set from K-Var. It was new so no refinish was necessary.
www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16179&cat=251&page=2
It seems to be one of the things that they actually have in stock.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:04:20 AM EDT

The Armory USA receivers (from Global Trades) have lower rails with mag guides incorporated into them.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:41:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HarlanNDS:

The Armory USA receivers (from Global Trades) have lower rails with mag guides incorporated into them.

Thanks.
Harlan

stellar, thanks harlan!

sorry i didn't know the terminology. my brain has more gas than a bean-o commercial sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:44:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By woodsy:
Plans are to finish another blond, 2 laminated standard configurations (without front pistol grip), an underfolder, and the final one with OD green furniture (if I can ever find a set).

I can do this for you.

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=343912
Top Top