Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:48:42 PM EDT
does any one know where I can get info and a site to buy handloading machines for 7.62x39, I know its a lot of money but I just wanna check it out

and can you use the same machine for 7.62x54r, I think you would have to buy different pieces for it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 1:48:12 PM EDT by Comrade_Charli]
Oh my bad, I put this in the wrong section, meant to put it in ammo under ak47, Would someone move it for me?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:42:41 PM EDT
comrade Charli,

I'd try Midwayusa

you'll have to buy a press and related gear along with caliber specific dies, cases, primers, powder and bullets.

You could buy the Lee Anniversary set which will come with just about all the equipment for less than $100 plus you Dies.

Yes the same equipment used for loading 7.62 X 39 will work for 7.62 X 54R assuming you buy the correct dies.

#1 rule of Reloading, Read the Manual if it doesn't make sense ask some who can help you.

#2 Read the Manual again

#3 refer to #1 and #2.

Its important that you know what you are doing befor you load your first cartridge much less test firing your reloads.

HTH,
Jason
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:11:11 PM EDT
Download your powder 10% from the book data and then work up. I would suggest getting a chrono also otherwise what you are getting out of your loads is only a guess.
If you have the money to spend, go with Dillon for your press and Oehler for your Chrono.
If you are on a budget, Get a LEE Turret press an a "Chrony" chrono. Together both can be bought for around $200.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT
k, thanks, I have a good friend that reloads his own bullets, I would ask him if I got the equipment, just wanted to see what yall would say
Top Top