Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 9:53:50 PM EDT
Using a GT receiver to make an m92 sidefolder. Got the front trunnion and rear trunnion in OK with a rivet squeezer, or so I thought. I could see from the rear that the rear trunnion was canted/twisted up to the right. Stuck it nose down in the vise and twisted it w/ a big C clamp. Problem solved? Then I see that the front trunnion sticks out past the receiver about a 32nd or more on the right but almost flush on the left.

Should I call it good or redo the rivets? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I would just drill the rivots out and give it another try.  Just egg the holes to get the trunnion flush.

It's a high dollar kit and even if it works, you are going to know it ain't right.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
the trunnions arnt square
ive done half dozen or so and only 1 was right without alot of modding

i know most major builders just slap them together and dont spend that kinda time making shure they fit and those rifles seem to work well

so i guess what im saying is its up to you
it will shoot fine but you will know its not correct
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guyshinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the trunnions arnt square
ive done half dozen or so and only 1 was right without alot of modding

They arn't square!?!  Do you have a picture of one?  I hate to think that my $500 M92 kit is somehow defective.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top