Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2006 8:36:38 PM EDT by WillysWagon]
I saw DPHArms has some pistol kits, they look pretty cool.
You'd have to get the pistol kit along with the 'pistol' trunion.
It's around $390 for both parts, not bad.

I can see it now, using that for my CCW

Later,
Kyle

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:35:53 PM EDT
I can hide my AMD-65 pistol under a medium length jacket
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:53:32 PM EDT
hey i've stashed my full-length romy in my pant leg, and noone could tell the difference
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:28:13 PM EDT
Yea they look good.

I was at the gunsmiths house that makes them for scott and they looked like they would make a super nice pistol.

FREE
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
It doesn''t look like a top handguard can be put on it. I shoot AK pistol a bunch and would burn my hand.

However maybe you could get used to not touching up there or find some type of guard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:57:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tommy2399:
It doesn''t look like a top handguard can be put on it. I shoot AK pistol a bunch and would burn my hand.

However maybe you could get used to not touching up there or find some type of guard.

I dont have a top guard on my AMD kit, and I have no problems keeping my fingers clear. it helps to use the later AKM/74 bulged lower handguard
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:39:43 AM EDT
I wonder if you couldn't make some type of forward handle, like the ones you see on picatiny rail systems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
Being a pistol, I don't believe you can have a forward grip. Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I recall.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:52:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Being a pistol, I don't believe you can have a forward grip. Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I recall.

That is correct. At that point it would be an NFA item as a AOW. If paperwork was filled out, the $5 tax is paid and it gets approved a person could have a foward grip on a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:30:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By millsusaf:

That is correct. At that point it would be an NFA item as a AOW. If paperwork was filled out, the $5 tax is paid and it gets approved a person could have a foward grip on a pistol.

it is only $5 if it is a form 4 transfer of an AOW, if you build it with a form 1 then it is still a $200 tax.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:51:02 AM EDT

just right.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:03:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Originally Posted By millsusaf:

it is only $5 if it is a form 4 transfer of an AOW, if you build it with a form 1 then it is still a $200 tax.

Thank you for correcting me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:30:54 PM EDT
and the aow stuff only applies if it is a vertical grip, a normal handguard is fine
Top Top