Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:12:54 PM EDT
I've asked this question in the yugo forum but it i think it better fits this forum.

After browsing the centerfire.com website i see that the reciever is missing for these kits. How do i go about installing a new receiver? Is it possible without specialty machinery tools? I'm probably showing my newbness off but I have limited experience in this realm of firearms. I was also looking at centerfire.com and noticed they are selling Suomi kits with the reciever "sliced" into several pieces. How do you go about recontructing the reciever?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out this link, then if you have any more questions ask away.

Build it yourself
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
We've all been there before; newbie to building an AK and not knowing what is entailed in a build.  I began building my own AKs about a month and a half ago without knowing what was needed and what degree of difficulty it was.  Now I am on my 8th build and loving it.  Basically, the hardest part of the build for me was finding which vendors had the lowest pricings for tools, receivers, etc., etc.  This forum, along with others, have been a tremendous help.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top