Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
I sent two barrels to cabhammer who is a member on this board.i needed the barrel pin and the barrels pressed out.if you are doing 1 or 2 builds it is not economicmal to buy a press and pressing tools.cabhammer has the press and the xbeck barrel pressing tools.he only charged me $15 plus shipping,which is a deal compared to buying the tools.you can go the bfh route which i did ,but you risk messing up the barrel pin or trungen which i did.i used to use jewnet but he is gone.cabhammer is a great alternitive.his email is craigsquier@nctv.com.i highly recommended him.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:48:55 PM EDT
I figured it was best to have Phil post his experience before I put anything up. I have the Xebec tool, a 12 ton press and a whole bunch of funny little clamps and fixture bits. I will pop barrels and pins from kits for $15 each, you pay shipping. Obviously doing more than one befefits you (and me, less trips to the shipping joint).

I do NOT have have an FFL so I can only remove barrels and pins from kits, I cannot press them back for you. Unless of course you arrange to come to my house, in which case I CAN put them back for you. Bring a 6 pack and we are good.

Anyone needing the service PM me or send email to craigsquier@nctv.com. I am in Western South Carolina. Ican usually turn work around in a day or two. If I get a bunch maybe longer.

Thanks
-Cabby
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:58:51 PM EDT
putting the barrel back in is easy.all you need is a piece of threaded rod 1/4.you put a brass spacer at one end and a brass washer at the other end.put masking tape around the rod as not to hurt the threads.polish barrel with 600 emory cloth,lube and draw it in.to install barrel pin,put pin in freezer for a couple of hours and then pound it in with a hammer.ihave done two this way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:10:56 PM EDT
btt
Top Top