Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
I just bought a brand new bolt cutter from the local pawn shop for 8 bucks so that I could make a rivet squeezer for my AK builds. However, I do not have the welding capabilites needed to make said squeezer. Would anyone like to trade their already made squeezer for a perfectly good bolt cutter or would they be willing to modify my bolt cutters into a rivet squeezer and I'll pay for the parts needed to do that too. Someone please help.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:53:26 PM EDT
You don't need any welding capabilities. You just need an angle grinder ($15 at harbor freight) to shape the jaws.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tapeo1:
You don't need any welding capabilities. You just need an angle grinder ($15 at harbor freight) to shape the jaws.

Oh OKay. That I can do!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:30:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:

Originally Posted By tapeo1:

Oh OKay. That I can do!!

I did mine really quick and threw some black paint on them. Turned out nice, hope they work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:20:58 AM EDT
Anyone have a good link on how to make these?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:16:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
Anyone have a good link on how to make these?

Thanks,
Kris

It's not really a how to but I found this link about five minutes after I started this thread...DOH!! It does show, however, what it should look like after you are done with the grinder.

Hammer in PA's Modified Bolt Cutter Rivet Tool
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:31:28 AM EDT
Here's a more simple design similar to the one I made...

Top Top