Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/17/2003 10:43:25 AM EDT
Last week I jumped on the KVAR Bulgy 74 offer for $165, and the ad said (and web site still does) they would be ready to ship 4/17. Well mine is here now! Fast service, very well packed, and other than some minor nicks on the trigger guard from drilling out the rivets, perfection. Clearly better than the few weeks wait and hastily slapped together, no bonus mag or bayo shipment I got from Joeken last fall.

Now if we can just get some relief on 5.56 kit pricing....
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 9:32:51 PM EDT
My ak-74 kit from k-var came in today also. Have the same small marks on the trigger guard. The fit and finish looks great, this should make for one nice rifle when completed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:27:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 5:58:44 AM EDT
These look drilled out, with minor drill lines down the guard sides.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 8:21:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2003 8:24:14 PM EDT by Krink]
the kit I received looked like new but it
still has a piece of receiver attached to the trigger guard oh well its easy to remove.
now for the hard part,deciding if I need another?
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 3:37:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 11:02:13 AM EDT
I really dont have the need for another 5.45 but the cost and condition are making it hard not to get another..
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 10:57:54 AM EDT
I like my SAR-2, but allways hear a voice saying "get a Bulgy '74 kit while you can". Will it really be better than my SAR-2? I realize I can 'have it my way' with a kit build up. should I get a kit from K-Var now?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 11:45:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BillSP1:
I like my SAR-2, but allways hear a voice saying "get a Bulgy '74 kit while you can". Will it really be better than my SAR-2? I realize I can 'have it my way' with a kit build up. should I get a kit from K-Var now?

YES
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:57:42 AM EDT
I just picked up a couple kits...one I want to build out as an original Bulgie (wood furniture) and one I want to build out as a Bulgie Paratrooper (I already have the furniture and stock for that one...)

Is there a place that'll press the barrel and do all the major stuff that I can't do at home with a simple dremel, drill press, and file...and leave the rest to me? I.e. I'd like to get one of the receivers drilled and cut properly for the bulgie folding stock, but I am not that mechanically inclined, and I'd rather pay someone for their expertice in it than risk me botching it. I want to build up as much of it as I can...I've never built my own rifle before. The stock's already permanently fixed, before anyone asks. The thing's a damn long rifle with the stock fixed or folded, so whats the point, either way

The other one, the one that'll keep the wood furniture (well, once I buy its replacement furniture, anyway), I probably won't need much done to except pressing in the barrel and all that.

Unless the recievers don't come with the proper cuts and whatnot for the stock tangs...I honestly have no idea how these things go.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:56:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 5:38:29 AM EDT
Ayup, like that. Is that the fake FSE folder, or a real folder? (I want mine to be as "authentic" as possible..)
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 6:03:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 2:58:37 PM EDT
Awesome, thanks!!

My bulgie kits arrived last week, and I finally got to pick them up.

The one I looked at...man, everything looks brand spanking new. I don't even think it was fired. I couldn't find any markings on the boltface or anything that would indicate it. Then again, I didn't break out the microscope, either

The strap holding the bayonet into it's sheath had never been opened, it looks like. Etc etc etc.

And, all numbers match (Even the bayonet!)

I can't wait to find someone to rivet in the front trunion/press in the barrel, make the alterations for the stock on the receiver, and build the sucker up..

Guess I should look at receivers now, eh?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:53:06 PM EDT
Oh Man!! Not again! (Mumbles to self) I don't ned another, I don't need another, I don't need another. 8's enough, 8's enough, 8's enough, but man don't those 74's shoot sweet! Damn Rot! mumble sweat, mumble sweat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:33:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 3:42:29 PM EDT
All I have is one SAR-2 that's on it's way back from ARS, with an (accidental, but worth it; I couldn't have planned it better myself, and it's more than worth the money I'll pay for it) refinish, and an FSB swap.

Anyway, because that's ALL I have...I REALLY need a real Bulgie. I need a reason to order a lot more 5.45x39 than I can shoot with one rifle in a year.

Actually, I need 2 more Bulgies...that way I'll have 4 ak's in the rack (Norinco underfolder) to outnumber my 3 AR's. (tho they won't outnumber the M1 Carbines...)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:53:15 PM EDT
OK had to break down and order a bulgie kit from K-var to add to the stack of FAL kits on the burner once I get into the new place (10 more days !) and set up. Time to build an AK......
Top Top