Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
Man I just found the greatest thing since sliced bread! It's called Slip 2000 gas piston and choke cleaner. I was at the Ohio State trap and found a vendor selling this stuff. I bought it for my shotgun but after talking to him he told the Marines are using it for their weapons. It was $14.50 for a 16oz jar with little metal hangers inside. I took my Ar-15 bolt, complete and dropped it in this stuff for about 20 minutes. I took it out dried it off and disassembled it. ALL the carbon wiped off like black grease and my bolt is green again! Forget that twenty-five dollar scraper. I also took the cylinder out of my stainless 686 Smith that hasn't been cleaned in over 400 rounds and the same results. It looks like it was never fired! This stuff is great.

Shoot well,

Jim

Web site   http://www.slip2000.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.slip2000.com[/url]

[img]http://www.slip2000.com/media/cleaner/before-after-cu.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit!!!

That's just the thing my AK piston needs!!!

No more scrubbing for an hour!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you dry out the inside of the bolt?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How did you dry out the inside of the bolt?
View Quote

You just disassemble it and wipe it out.  Q-tip might help on the firing pin side.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
This looks like great stuff, I think I will order some.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This works great.  Hard to get to locally in Las Vegas- a drive to Pahrump, NV about 60 miles out.  I used it to clean my Pistols and my Bushmaster in a little plastic dishpan.  No noxious chemicals or skin eating.  I even reused the liquid in the dishpan ot soak my bolt and bolt carrier.  Clean as  a whistle.  I used a can of air to blow out the trigger group and little crevices.  Since it is water based.  Then, I CLP'd the upper, lower housing and FP-10'd the trigger group, barrell and recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This is one of those Orange oil products...Remember when that shit (Rinds) was garbage??? Somebody deserves credit but who?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is one of those Orange oil products...Remember when that shit (Rinds) was garbage??? Somebody deserves credit but who?
View Quote

That's what this product reminds me of.  Thanks for jogging me memory.   Yeah, I was kind of sketched with it being water based.  But, it worked out good.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sold.  I got some and tried it.  It's a keeper.  There's another thread going that says it's no so hot.  I couldn't disagree more.  I clean M16's in mass and have found a new tool against carbon.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I just tried it on my bolt and bolt carrier, and those two spots where the carbon builds up (by the back of the firing pin) are finally clean.

I also dipped the slide of my springfield mil-spec operator in, and it turned out incredible.  No matter what I put on that slide, I still had scratches/marks left from foreign material that I couldnt get off.  The slip 2000 took all of it off and made my slide look damn near perfect.  I wish I had a before and after picture to show you guys...

Also, if you are like me and dont particularly like the brass marks left behind on slides of your guns from spent cases hitting them...I also dipped my HK USP slide in for about 15 minutes, and it took off the brass marks as well.

Sorry if I sound like a slip spokesman, but this stuff is incredible.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top