Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:06:33 PM EDT
Which bore guide do you prefer and why? Also, where is the best source for your fave?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I just have Dewey's for my AR-10s and Bushmaster.  The 10s have an starting stem while the 15 version has you insert the patch, brush, jag...straight into the cylinder block.  I took a Pro-Shot polymer Solvent Port and relieved one end, on the mill at work, to a depth of 1/4" and a diameter for a snug press-on-fit to the 10s starting stem.  I can wet a patched jag, patch wrapped brush,....through the port and not have the liquid of choice squeezed out of the patch upon insertion to the guide.  Wish the 15's guide was designed the same.

Dave S
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
C. J. WEAPONS introduced their Bore-Stay for the AR-15 a few years back. This is a nice idea, since it features lugs that can lock the guide in place. It makes things easier than other AR-15 bore guides. It doesn't look as high quality as some of the bore guides out there, but I'd still recommend it.

For the AR-10, I just go with the JP Bore Guide
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.glocksbr.com/axami/shop.php?grd=62

This one works for me!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This one works great and Sinclair has a lot of good cleaning products.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=CPCRGSR&item=RGAR15&type=store
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This one works great and Sinclair has a lot of good cleaning products.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=CPCRGSR&item=RGAR15&type=store
View Quote

ditto it works really well, make sure you have a long enough rod for the job.  I have a 30" dewey rod (from sinclairs) and it works perfect with my 20" barrel, any smaller and no dice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For the AR15, the best one I have seen is Georgia Precisions.

For the AR10, I like the JP, just wish the solvent hole was a little more elongated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For the AR15, the best one I have seen is Georgia Precisions.

For the AR10, I like the JP, just wish the solvent hole was a little more elongated.
View Quote

i need one for my m1a... which do you recommend?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I would not have the foggiest idea.  I dont own an M1A.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...  i need one for my m1a... which do you recommend?
View Quote

Are you serious??

While I’ve never used it, Sinclair does have a “Service Rifle Receiver Port” that looks interesting.  That’s probably as close to a M1A bore guide as you're going to find.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top