Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:59:17 PM EDT
I bought a RRA AR15 through ar15sales.com last fall, and have only had a couple times to take it out shooting. I've cleaned and loved it properly after each shooting.

I went out shooting this afternoon and, after expending several hundred rounds through her (a lot for me) did a thorough cleaning. After re-assembly, the trigger was perceptably lighter. My friend who went shooting with me agreed: it indeed felt significantly lighter. Not knowing about trigger weights too much, I'd say the trigger was originally around 3 or 4 pounds (whatever is stock for Rock River), and then after reassembly and testing the trigger is probably around 1.5lb or so - at least, it's quite similar to my feel to triggers that are said to be in the 1.5 - 2 pound range.

When I did the disassembly, I just did the "standard" breakdown and cleaning; I left the trigger group alone. I've gone through the manual again several times to make sure I didn't do something wrong, but I can't find anything that I might have done incorrectly. I don't believe I touched anything in the trigger group, but I did wipe down and clean the parts of the trigger group which are visible without taking it out of the lower.

Might I have bumped a lever or nob while cleaning? I preferred the way the trigger was before, as this is just a carbine mostly for plinking, not a long range praire dog blaster. Might there be something else that I changed which would cause this differential?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it's really down that low? Stock triggers are usually much heavier than 3-4lbs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I'm not sure... if I had any way to figure out how to determine such a thing scientifically (and without a special tool), I'd do so.

A better question might be: what might I have moved, and can it be moved back?

And, could this simply be a case of the trigger 'breaking in', as is common on (say) 1911 pistols?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it a two-stage?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I believe it's a two-stage NM trigger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, I believe it's a two-stage NM trigger.

Tell you what...my Bushmaster single stage is heavy enough. I'll trade you.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top