Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:59:17 PM EDT
I bought a RRA AR15 through ar15sales.com last fall, and have only had a couple times to take it out shooting. I've cleaned and loved it properly after each shooting.

I went out shooting this afternoon and, after expending several hundred rounds through her (a lot for me) did a thorough cleaning. After re-assembly, the trigger was perceptably lighter. My friend who went shooting with me agreed: it indeed felt significantly lighter. Not knowing about trigger weights too much, I'd say the trigger was originally around 3 or 4 pounds (whatever is stock for Rock River), and then after reassembly and testing the trigger is probably around 1.5lb or so - at least, it's quite similar to my feel to triggers that are said to be in the 1.5 - 2 pound range.

When I did the disassembly, I just did the "standard" breakdown and cleaning; I left the trigger group alone. I've gone through the manual again several times to make sure I didn't do something wrong, but I can't find anything that I might have done incorrectly. I don't believe I touched anything in the trigger group, but I did wipe down and clean the parts of the trigger group which are visible without taking it out of the lower.

Might I have bumped a lever or nob while cleaning? I preferred the way the trigger was before, as this is just a carbine mostly for plinking, not a long range praire dog blaster. Might there be something else that I changed which would cause this differential?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:38:27 PM EDT
Are you sure it's really down that low? Stock triggers are usually much heavier than 3-4lbs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:26:09 PM EDT
No, I'm not sure... if I had any way to figure out how to determine such a thing scientifically (and without a special tool), I'd do so.

A better question might be: what might I have moved, and can it be moved back?

And, could this simply be a case of the trigger 'breaking in', as is common on (say) 1911 pistols?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:37:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:06:09 AM EDT
Is it a two-stage?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:35:33 PM EDT
Yes, I believe it's a two-stage NM trigger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:24:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Caimlas:
Yes, I believe it's a two-stage NM trigger.

Tell you what...my Bushmaster single stage is heavy enough. I'll trade you.
Top Top