Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:26:24 AM EDT
Greetings
New guy here with a question.  I have an Olympic Arms P.C.R. that I acquired in trade years ago and never shot until this past weekend.  It has an incredibly light trigger pull, so light that sometimes the gun doubles.  When I open the gun up, I can see two screws in there that are obviously for trigger adjustment.  I have no idea who made the trigger and I am guessing that the one at the rear is to limit overtravel of the trigger and the forward one adjusts the force required to fire the gun.  Am I guessing correctly?  In any case, I need to increase the amount of force required to drop the hammer.  It is much to light for practical use or safety.  I tried a search for trigger adjustment but came up with nothing.  Any advice or comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Also, is there any way to subscribe to a post?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#1]
      Try to find out who manufactured the trigger. Check the industry section to see if you see one like it for sale, Then come back and post. Someone here will probably know what you need to do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Great pictures Dano.  Looking at it from the top, I believe the JP trigger looks to be the closest configuration to what is in the gun now.  Is the front screw threaded into the same piece of metal that the trigger is made of or is it a separate piece?  It looks like it may be separate in my gun.  I haven't taken the trigger assembly out and want to avoid doing so if I can but if it is required I'll do it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top