Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2003 6:24:01 AM EDT
I am a first time AR owner with a new, never fired BM M-4 style AR.

I have started doing a bunch of upgrades and ran into something I am unsure about.

The safety seems to be locked in the fire mode and will not budge.  This is with a mag installed or out.

Is this normal (i.e. do I have to load a round into the chamber to get the safety to work, or is my rifle F-ed up?

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The safety should go on any time the rifle is cocked, with the bolt foward or back.

SAV308
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The safety should go on any time the [s]rifle[/s] hammer is cocked, with the bolt foward or back.
SAV308
View Quote

When the hammer is uncocked, The bottom of the hammer cams the trigger into a position that the selector can not be set to safe.  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top