Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2003 10:40:29 AM EDT
well and I thought I had seen it all. Put together a lower for my friend and it would only single fire. Found the trigger was considerably taller than any other. no it is not an m trigger, as I view the ar trigger photos. It does not have the cut out on the face. It is taller and wider. Upon comparing it with 7 other hammers, I have half big and half smaller. What gives? The parts, lower and upper, bolt are all RR. Any ideas? Could it be a 9mm type hammer, although it does not match the ar hammer photo for a 99 hammer.
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:32:47 PM EDT
I'm going to have to give this post the "Huh?" award for the week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 9:55:36 PM EDT by RBPRECISION]
When you tried the other hammers did it function? (make sure you have an AR-15 firing pin) If it is a RRA hammer send it to me I will take it to rra and replace if defective Robert RB Precision Po box 96 Preemption IL 61276 www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:27:25 AM EDT
RB. Thanks for the reply, apparently you understood my inquiry. I had other rr lower parts kits, and the hammer out of one of those worked fine. I wish my digital was here, I would post a picture. The hammer is definitely different. Stamped on the side is CEIII. I will see tonight if I can post a pic. When the hammer is in the lower, in the firing pos, (upright) it measures close to .118 higher than the other trigger in the same lower. All I can surmise is it is riding high on the carrier or getting jammed when it goes to strike. I will immail you.I was going to call Pete, see what he thought, since I buy from him. thanks
Top Top