Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2003 7:05:18 PM EDT
O.K. My book says that the elevation knob will go three clicks below 3/8 for mechanical zero. Then you go one click above 3/8 and use the normal peep to sight in at 25 meters. Well mine only goes one click below 3/8 and bottoms out. Bushmasters website says the new mil spec is to bottom out at 3/8 mark so they are now building that way. So they have new sight in directions. However mine don't bottom out at 3/8. When I sighted it in at 25 meters with the sight set at 0ne click above 3/8 I have to use the normal peep to hit at 100 yards with the knob set at 3/8. The 0-200 peep is over a foot low.

Has anyone had this problem? Can it be corrected without having to set the dial off a couple clicks?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Think I got my answer. Found the Maryland AR shooters website. It tells how to adjust the dial in the Improved Battle Zero Directions. Already made the adjustment. Now all I have to do is resight. I need the 25 meter zero for some shoots I attend so I don't want the Improved batttle Zero at least not for now. Great website BTW. For those who never been there. http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top