Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2003 4:43:18 PM EDT
Had a doubling problem, that a new disconnector and hammer have cured. While function testing it appeared that my hammer pin was rotating with every motion of the hammer. I penciled a line across the end of the pin and sure enough, it is rotating each time the hammer is cocked, and again when the hammer is released.
Seems to me this can't be good for my lower (steel pin in an aluminum hole), or, is this OK?
And, if it is indeed a problem, what do I do about it?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine rotate too, it's normal.  

That's why the hammer and trigger pins have grooves.  The hammer J-pin keeps the hammer pin in place and one of the hammer spring legs keeps the trigger pin in place.

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Normal. You just never noticed it before[:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I think your problem is the loose nut behind the weapon......

[sniper2]        [headbang]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Would a set of pins from KNS help/prolong lower lifespan?

see 3/4 way down the page to the  Trigger & hammer pins. Anyone seen or used these pins?

http://www.kagerind.com/Kager_Static_Home/S-gun_sights/s-gun_sights2.htm

http://www.kagerind.com/Kager_Static_Home/S-gun_sights/small_pin_top_enlarge.gif
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top