Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:51:47 PM EDT
Ok, So I'm Pretty sure I'm gonna build my upper now an I'm lookin' for my components. Step 1 is Barrel and upper receiver. Receivers are mostly just alike right? other than a2 or a3? assumin' its milspec.
And Second The Barrel I'm Lookin' for somethin' heavier than an m4 or lightweight profile possibly even Bull in 16" or 18". Any suggestions?
Thanks guys. P.s.  .223/5.56
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Upper reciever. Get a quality one, and you'll be set.

Knock Yourself Out. BCM barrels are top notch when it comes to quality. I have one of their 20" SAM-R barrels...awesome.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
How bout if Just give Yall two options. I found the upper reciever Upper Receiver   Any problems here?
And barrel I kinda Like the RRA varminter here RRA
And the WOA .223 Varmint Barrel in 18" What's the hive's opinion?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How bout if Just give Yall two options. I found the upper reciever Upper Receiver   Any problems here?
And barrel I kinda Like the RRA varminter here RRA
And the WOA .223 Varmint Barrel in 18" What's the hive's opinion?

It all comes down to personal preference but, of the option you listed, i would still pick BCM offerings.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal on the Upper, GTS is good. BCM would be better, but to almost anyone, it won't matter. Why do you want such heavy profile barrels? I understand some people don't like lightweight barrels, but those are huge and heavy. The size has nothing to do with accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well as you said I've never liked lightweight barrels and I also won't be packin' this gun very far. I know A decent bit about the size vs accuracy factor cause i love my bolt guns, But for some odd reason I've always been drawn to Bull Barrels, not real sure why. I just like the way they handle and "feel".  Thanks for the help though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I make sure my barrels are Hammer forged and Magnetic Particle inspected.  RRA are not MP tested, BCM, DD, and a few others are.

My preference is to keep my upper components from the same company.  My DD uppers have DD barrels, uppers and BCGs.  My BCM uppers have BCM barrels, uppers and BCGs.  Just my preference but it has always worked out well for me.

Bravo company is great and I would support the previous posters who recommend them.  I also love daniel defense.

My other point is that I shoot heavy bullets for hunting so I always get 1 in 7 twist barrels, or 1 in 8 in the case of BCM.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top