Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:52:21 PM EDT
I have a real newbie question.  If I buy the 16" complete barrel kit from Bushmaster and buy the proper tools as listed in the faq on changing barrels is there anything else I need to worry about?  It seems this would be an economical way for me to go on my Match HBar upper and lower to get the M4 size carbine I am looking for.  Also, are Bushy barrels decent quality.

Thanks in advance for helping the AR challenged (ME).

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
there should not be anything to worry about

h/w, i will say that Bushmaster bbls sometimes have a problem with crooked FSBs--like mine

when i got a 20in govt bbl assembly to replace my 16in banned HBAR, my rifle shot ~1 1/2 ft to to the right at 50yrds

after some extra work, i think that i got it fixed....

besides the crocked FSB (or misaligned bbl notch pin, whoever you listen to), bushy bbls and stuff is top quality

if you want to save some $$$$s, i would check out the EE/industry board for some more competative prices on bbl assemblies
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top