Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:16:16 PM EDT
When buying pins, springs and assorted replacement parts for lowers does it matter who makes them. Are the parts that you see at the Gun Show tables any good. I want to buy several of all the components in the lower parts kits ( minus the grips, trigger,hammer etc) and was wondering if any were prefered over others. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 7:53:26 PM EDT by theshootersden]
From my gun show experiences, stay away from Sherluks small parts... Ive used their detents and they instantly start to wear out from being to soft of a steel...

Ive also bought hammers and triggers from them too... The hammers were canted and crooked. They would ride the carrier improperly when being cycled and the face of the hammers were prematurely wearing down... This isn't hear say, this is from my personal experiences...

When considering buying gun show parts, I suggest asking the dealer who manufactured the parts and would only buy parts that are from reputable manufacturers...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:41:14 PM EDT
there are crap products out there and i buy my parts from reputable vendors with reputable parts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:30:38 AM EDT
I like "ALL" GI parts.........Almost all small parts are made by the same people....Thats with most things in life.
Top Top