Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:23:58 PM EDT
I have monkied around with a few Ars but none had any type of muzzle device, I am trying to tell a buddy how to change out his Flash Hider and I realized I have never taken  one off, this is just screwed onto an A2 barrel not a Perm attached.  What tool should you use to unscrew it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
A 3/4" open end wrench I beleive.  It has 1/2"x28 RH threads.  Unscrews like and other nut and bolt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thnaks Guys
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What does the crush washer do?  We got his Flash Hider off and I dont think there was a a crush washer or a peal washer on there?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
so there was no washer on there?

basically a ring that sits on the barrel behind the flash hider, a peel washer being silvin in color and when closely inspected there are layers which are peeled to achieve proper timing of fh. a crush washer has a convex and concave sides to it which crush or flatten when torqued to allow proper timing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a ring behind the flash hider but no silver washer
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I put the entire upper in my in the vise with an action block, as far as I can tell there never was a peel washer we put it back on with just the crush washer he says it is "Good Enough"   What problems will he have with no peal washer?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a one or the other type deal.  Crush washer crushes so that you can index the FH or a peal washer that has many thin layers that are fused together that can be removed as needed to index the FH.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top