Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 8:02:28 AM EDT
Hello and best wishes to all.  I thought I'd ask a couple of general questions and see who responds.  I'm relatively new to the ar15 world, having purchased a new RRA TASC unit, which I like a great deal.  

I am intrigued and want to build for the least expensive price possible, of course, a long distance coyote popper for the ranch. Since I've had the RRA, and it has no scope, the coyotes are keeping about 350+ yds away from my pickup, which makes me want to make a few of 'em disappear with their final thoughts being something along the lines of "There's no way he can hit me from the..."

At any rate, I was looking for some input regarding complete uppers.  I LOVE the trigger on the RRA lower unit, so I think I'm probably going to get that brand of lower and check around this website to see what you guys think about uppers and scopes.  I'm only interested in 200-500 yard sniping scopes for this unit, so CQB is not going to be a factor here.  By the way, is it possible to snap on a armalite .308 upper on one of these, or not?  

Let the recommendations begin!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No, the Armalite .308 will not work on a AR15 lower.  The magwell is much longer to accomidate the bigger .308 round.  get a 20 or 24 inch barreled A3 upper in .223 with a 1 in 8 in twist, free floated handguard and a bipod.  Mount what ever scope you want on it, and enjoy.

Chris Moreland
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top