Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 7:59:02 AM EDT
I just installed a J&T FFHG, I bought at Knob Creek. My question is how do install a bipod stud, and what type do I want to get? the HG is slotted, approx 2" slotes, that stop 1/2" to 1/4" from the sight end. None of the slots line up well enough to use. I have resinatlled and tested functionality. Everything works, so I shouldn't have to take it off.

Any other pointers would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:31:30 AM EDT
Anybody? I'm just want to hear from anyone who has done it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:14:30 AM EDT
Chad, I am not exactly sure which FF-Tube you are referring to, but if it is a "sandard" 2" O.D. extruded aluminum tube, there are a variety of ways to attach a bipod. The easiest way is to mount a sling swivel stud which most bipods need to mount. These can be found at Brownells as well as other sources. It consists of a male-threaded stud and a female-threaded backup piece that slides into the tube. You simply drill a hole in the tube and thread the pieces together. The more complex method is to mount a section of 1913 Picatinny Rail and then you can use a quick release type of mount, such as the ARMS #32 for the Harris bipod. MSTN has "the" setup for the latter method. Harry
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:50:25 AM EDT
Thanks, I didn't relize how much I forgot to post. Yes it is a standard FF tube, and yes a harris bipod. Thanks for the stud info. now are there any weird thirns I need to watch for whel drilling? I assume that just taping the area, marking it and center punching should get me there. I just want to be sure I don't overlook anything, since I've got 1 shot at it!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:37:03 AM EDT
There should not be anything special about drilling the hole for the stud, as long as the location is centerpunched to keep the drill bit from "walking' out of position, and you are drilling soft aluminum. Here is the link to the stud kit I was refering to: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1669&title=AR-15+FREE+FLOAT+SWIVEL+STUD
Top Top