Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 9:53:39 PM EDT
I'm planning to remove and replace an A2 buttstock with a post-ban non-collapsable carbine buttstock.
I don't yet have a multi-tool, but have one on order and should arrive in a couple of days.
In the mean time I have already removed the buttpad from the A2 and removed the outer shell of the buttstock leaving only the receiver extension. I was careful to save the takedown pin spring that was hanging loose.

What is the proper way of removing the receiver extension? What part of the multi-tool do I use if I even need it at all and what part of the extension do I use the tool and what way do I turn(clockwise, counterclockwise?) or press to remove the extension. The extension is round all the way to the receiver and can't figure out where I would grab it to turn it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The non collapsible butt stocks use the same buffer tube as the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is the proper way of removing the receiver extension? What part of the multi-tool do I use if I even need it at all and what part of the extension do I use the tool and what way do I turn(clockwise, counterclockwise?) or press to remove the extension. The extension is round all the way to the receiver and can't figure out where I would grab it to turn it.
View Quote

Multi-tool has a slot that'll fit the "end" of buffer tube flats. Righty-tightey, lefty-loosey.

Mike

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This should help, very easy to follow. http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top