Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 10:52:19 AM EDT
I'm intrigued with the deal of the Mega lower and upper receivers, and I've not seen one bad thing about them posted here... and I'm thinking I want one...

What's the deal with having the sear block, or not having the sear block?

What's a good barrel length for target shooting to 200 yards? I'm thinking 16" would be good...  chrome lined...

Saying I get the Mega upper and lower, how hard is it to put the thing together? I'm concerned about mounting the barrell...

Any advice, good, bad or otherwise about the Mega's would be good.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
sear block only matters if you have or are going to buy a RDIAS (registered drop in auto sear) to make it run full auto.  they're around 6k and up.

i'd go with a 20inch barrel for longer ranges.  i use a 16' for 50yds and under plinking.

if the lowers were crap it would be posted all over this site so you can't lose on those.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't plan on going full auto, so I guess I don't need a sear...

A 20" barrell for 200 yard max shooting?

I guess i could build up 2 uppers... 1 16" for plinking... 1 20" for target/match shooting...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top