Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 9:27:18 PM EDT

I'm putting together a 9mm carbine (got a quote from Kurt for the upper already) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the ASA side-charging uppers?  I'm particularly interested in hearing about the 9mm side-chargers, but .223 and .308 experiences would be enlightening as well.  I just want to know if they operate well, if they are reliable, if the kits go together well, etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Lets just say, Go with Kurt's.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I had three different ASA 9mm mag blocks and none of them worked right ie didn't fit. on the third try I just decided to try and modify the block to make it fit. I only used 600 and 1000 wet/dry but by the time I got it to fit and function a little it was way out of it's origional config.I wound up giving it to a friend who cut on it some more and I guess it works OK now but it isn't pretty. If you're looking for a shop project, ASA may be the way to go. For me, I'll saty away from ASA for now on.

Best Regards, J
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top