Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 5:48:12 AM EDT
I have a buddy who is a CNC Machinist and has offered to help me construct a Service Rifle Float tube. I can purchase a standard barrel nut for about $5.  He has scrap tubing of about any gauge I would want.  All I need is a drawing, or a description of how to make one of these things.  I have read that the better float tubes are three-piece assemblies that allow for the proper indexing of the sling swivel.  All of the float tubes that I have seen pictures of are completely assembled so I don't really understand how it all goes together and what the different pieces look like.  Besides being hopelessly cheap, the other reason I want to make this myself is because I am thinking of making the float tube out of aluminum instead of steel, to keep the weight down.  Can anybody offer some info or pictures?  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top