Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 4:30:06 AM EDT
Does anyone make a set screw FFS?  If not, somebody could be making good money selling an FFS you can (hopefully) take off September 14, '04 thread the barrel and put a real one on.

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sog Armory makes one that looks exactly like an A-2 birdcage flash supressor. I have them installed on both of my post-ban AR's. Some people have complained about them flying off while shooting. I put them on and tightened down the screws until they left tiny marks in in the parkerizing on the barrel. I then took off the brake and drilled very shallowly into the marks to give the screws something to bite into. I reassembled using blue locktite on the threads, and both brakes have stayed put for about 1000 rounds combined. The drill marks won't matter because threading the barrel after the ban expires will remove them anyway. Overall it's a good alternative if you don't want to ship your barrel off to Kurt's for two months for one of his brakes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top