Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2003 7:23:59 AM EDT
Anyone know where I might get an extractor pin, in the Louisville, KY or Southern Indiana Area?  I lost mine last night.  No Spare on hand, and I hate to pay 10x cost for shipping....

Thanks,
Chad
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Similar hardship here.  I just sat down last night to build a new stripped lower and the "complete parts kit" is missing trigger spring and selector.  WTF?  This was the reason I bought a "complete" kit!   I will give the vendor a chance to make it right, everyone deserves a chance....
Sorry about your runnaway extractor pin, but I'm in Arizona not much help to you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try KY Imports in Louisville  502-244-4400
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Home Depot or well stocked hardware store.  If you're really desperate, use a drill bit.  Dremel or grind to length.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't even think about Home Depot.  What size is it?  

KY Imports is a good one, but they have funny walk-in times, and you have to give'em a day notice, usually....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try Hoplite (502-955-5014) in Shepherdsville, or the Knob Creek Gun Range (in the book), but first I would try Shooter's Supply in the east end of Louisville (in the book).  They have quite a bit of builder parts for the AR-15, at least in kit form, but they are worth a shot, no pun intended.  I know Kiesler's Police Supply in Jeffersonville does not carry small parts like that even though they are a big DPMS dealer.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
howdy neighbor, try shooters supply its off linn station rd near mall st. matthews. nice people fair prices
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
$15 at Cheaperthandirt will get you a full set of AR springs.  Not a bad idea to have spares for when you do mods and you will do mods.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I had forgotten about Shooters.  I may get by there this week.  Got busy over the weekend, and didn't get to shoot anyway.  I know Kiesler's doesn't carry that type of stuff for the AR.  I've been pressuring Steve, the Retail Sales Manager, and my Shooting Buddy, to start.  They carry anything for my 1911 I could try to loose!

Thanks again,
Chad
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top