Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/26/2003 8:25:15 PM EDT
I have seen guys shooting open class high power using AR's that use a bolt instead of being semi-auto. I was wondering, how is this done?

Is the actual bolt modified to accept the handle?

I am assuming the gas system is disabled in these rifles, am I correct?

Is there a book out there that explains this modification?

I am just curious how this is done.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/26/2003 8:56:09 PM EDT by notack]
Was it a side charging upper? Both [url=tp-commerce.techpro.com/pantherarms/shopexd.asp?id=478]DPMS[/url] and ASA sell side charging uppers and rifles. -ed,FWIW I just noticed that your in AZ, and so is American Spirit Arms.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:17:16 AM EDT
Most spaceguns use a butstock with adjustable cheekpiece that interferes with the standard charging handle. These guns usually use a modified upper and bolt carrier to put a charging handle on the right side, and still operate semi-auto. This will probably continue as the commercial side-charging handles are on the left, making them difficult to operate while in position. Not all spaceguns use this modification as some owners are comfortable with a GI butt, and some adjustable cheekpieces accomodate the standard charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:31:28 AM EDT
Mill the reciever, drill and tap a hole in the bolt cerrier, install a bolt, turnoff the gas.. Springloaded(forward assist) bolt gun......
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:32:58 AM EDT
Might be Cal. legal.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:11:18 PM EDT
Top Top