Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2002 3:00:43 PM EDT
I have seen surefire millenium pistol lights mounted to glock rails directly.  I have seen them mounted to the 1913 spec rails of a Springfield TRP Operator directly.  When I asked Surefire what kind of rail mount they use for their lights I was told they use neither.  So what is the deal?  What kind of rail system do they use?  They refuse to tell me.

I also inquired about having a Millenium pistol light waterproofed like they say can be done on their web page.  I was told by customer service they dont offer this.  I also asked about the cost of the military series of pistol lights since they wont waterproof a Millenium for me and they respond with "Those are only for P226 pistols"

Oh really, well no shit thats what I was going to mount it on dumbass!  Then I Email the head of sales and complain and ask these questions along with why they are taking so long to produce the waterproof M900s and I get no response at all.  Wonderfull customer service over there at surefire.  Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
This is uncharacteristic of SureFire Customer Service in my experience.

Many SureFires are able to be "N Certified" by SureFire. Currently, I understand that they don't offer this service. I heard it was due to the pressure chambers being used for large bulk orders. There was talk that SureFire would be investing in larger testing chambers to meet the high demand for this service. This is all just what I've heard.

There are only a few off-the-shelf handguns onto which a SureFire handgun WeaponLight can be directly attached. My info is not up to date - Beretta Vertec 92FS, with talk of SIG and Wilson Combat releasing models able to support directly attached WeaponLights. There may be others. I don't know.

Most handguns need to utilise the adapter rail supplied with each WeaponLight which is secured to the trigger guard for most handguns.
I understand that the main reason why SureFire has to use adapter rails is because most handgun accessory rails tend to flex [too much].

I was unaware that SureFire's "Military" "W" Series of handgun WeaponLights was released.

Regarding you experience with SureFire Customer Service, I suggest you call SureFire and ask to speak with someone in charge. If these sort of questions are not being answered, I think SureFire need to know so they can work them out.

Respectfully,

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top