Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2010 2:53:40 PM EDT
These new Leatherman MUT (military utility tool) are scheduled for release next week. This tool was designed around an AR-15 platform. I want to pre-order one and would like to support the vendors of arfcom. Anyone know of any arfcom vendors that are taking pre-orders? Thanks.

BTW I cant wait to get this tool!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/LVdubbin/101509OD_LeathermanMUT01.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/LVdubbin/101509od_leathermanmut02.jpg
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been waiting for this tool for two months! I google it almost everyday!
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Very sweet.  I'm adding one to my must buy list.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't leatherman an anti-gun company?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What happened to that other AR multitool that was supposed to come out?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That'd what I thought as well. Maybe they realized all the money they could be making in the taciticool market.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
if i found one for free....I'd take it.....

wont spend money for a new one from that liberal Co*^S>c<er....
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd what I thought as well. Maybe they realized all the money they could be making in the taciticool market.

Tim Leatherman was one of the idiots who endorsed Kerry w/ a full page ad.  When they did it he had his name and his title w/ Leatherman Tools.  I didn't care who he endorsed, when he used his title it made a lot of us object to Leatherman Tools endorsing Kerry.  When we objected to it he essentially told us to go pound sand he'll endorse whoever he wants.  While I think that's his right, he then proceeded to whine about how it's not fair to penalize his workers by boycotting his product.  He can ESAD as far as I'm concerned.  I haven't bought a new Leatherman tool since.    I would have bought at least 1/2 a dozen by this point if he wasn't such a douchebag.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
He's a liberal @sshat, but but but––his stuff is all made in the USA.

When Leatherman moves production to China, then I'll boycott him, until then, he gets my money!
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim Leatherman was one of the idiots who endorsed Kerry w/ a full page ad.  When they did it he had his name and his title w/ Leatherman Tools.  I didn't care who he endorsed, when he used his title it made a lot of us object to Leatherman Tools endorsing Kerry.  When we objected to it he essentially told us to go pound sand he'll endorse whoever he wants.  While I think that's his right, he then proceeded to whine about how it's not fair to penalize his workers by boycotting his product.  He can ESAD as far as I'm concerned.  I haven't bought a new Leatherman tool since.    I would have bought at least 1/2 a dozen by this point if he wasn't such a douchebag.  

I concur.  It was bad enough he went all douchey on us, then to follow it up with an attempt at a guilt trip, well fuck him.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur.  It was bad enough he went all douchey on us, then to follow it up with an attempt at a guilt trip, well fuck him.    

I agree.  If he had said "I'm sorry I put my company's name on the ad.  It was a personal endorsement."  I would have said ok.  He made a mistake.  I don't care who he endorses personally.  If he had said "I did it.  I'm sorry it offended you, but it's my personal opinion."  I could respect that.  The guilt trip about how it's not fair to hurt his employees because he's an asshat who got his company into politics really pissed me off.  I honestly wish we could put his company under as a lesson in how you operate a business and the wisdom of separating business and politics.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
What's retail?  I know it has a carbon scraper but can't remember the rest of the AR specific features.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it is $149
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it is $149

f&*K that noise then, plus he a commie lib
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I didn't know about all this Leatherman liberal drama. In any case, I prefer Gerber multi tools anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know about the other AR-15 based multi-tool?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]
^NC Star makes one specifically for ARs. One of the pins on the FS adjuster bent on mine the first time using it though. I bring it with me to the range and figure at the very least it might save me 3 miles of driving back to the house.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

^NC Star makes one specifically for ARs. One of the pins on the FS adjuster bent on mine the first time using it though. I bring it with me to the range and figure at the very least it might save me 3 miles of driving back to the house.

Naw....it wasn't them.

It was advertised on here a few months back.

I remember it was compatible with the Otis kits.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw....it wasn't them.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=65&t=1040170

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naw....it wasn't them.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=65&t=1040170

Cool, can't wait.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  If he had said "I'm sorry I put my company's name on the ad.  It was a personal endorsement."  I would have said ok.  He made a mistake.  I don't care who he endorses personally.  If he had said "I did it.  I'm sorry it offended you, but it's my personal opinion."  I could respect that.  The guilt trip about how it's not fair to hurt his employees because he's an asshat who got his company into politics really pissed me off.  I honestly wish we could put his company under as a lesson in how you operate a business and the wisdom of separating business and politics.

I pretty much respect everyone's opinion, but know that the only way were going to get rid of these uber liberals is to starve them out.  Meaning - don't buy their products, newspapers, magazines and movies.  When their money starts to dry up, maybe they'll sing a different tune and not their progressive crap.  Just my opinion!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#21]
For a tool parading around as a military tool does this have a front sight adjustment tool on it? I looked on the website and couldn't find it. If not then this tool FAILS

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]
They will never get a dime of my money!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#23]

This is called an ar15 multi tool. You can probably pick one up around $20.00 to $40.00.

That Leatherman MUT is nothing more than an over priced, fan boy piece of crap. It claims to have a bolt over ride tool. Really? There are plenty of objects in the field you can use to clear a jam. I personally prefer to use the charging handle conveniently attached to my AR... However, if the charging handle doesnt work, you can use pretty much anything to your immagination, other than a $150.00 hook.

I find it hilarious everytime I read all the biast reviews, and see all the sheepish fools drool over this. They claim the carbon scraper is replacable. I wonder how much they want for a replacement part. I bet it aint cheap. I'd like to see someone attempt to replace a part of the MUT 5-10 years from now. Good luck with that. You can buy a carbon scraper for around $3.00. Even funnier are the people wanting this tool that dont even own an AR15, then say the tool is a good excuse for buying an AR... idiots.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top