Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2010 2:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2010 2:55:02 PM EDT by LVdubbin]
These new Leatherman MUT (military utility tool) are scheduled for release next week. This tool was designed around an AR-15 platform. I want to pre-order one and would like to support the vendors of arfcom. Anyone know of any arfcom vendors that are taking pre-orders? Thanks.

BTW I cant wait to get this tool!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/LVdubbin/101509OD_LeathermanMUT01.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/LVdubbin/101509od_leathermanmut02.jpg
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:36:59 AM EDT
I've been waiting for this tool for two months! I google it almost everyday!
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:05:45 PM EDT
Very sweet. I'm adding one to my must buy list.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:29:35 PM EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't leatherman an anti-gun company?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:34:25 PM EDT
What happened to that other AR multitool that was supposed to come out?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:18:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1_Snipes:

That'd what I thought as well. Maybe they realized all the money they could be making in the taciticool market.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:24:00 PM EDT
if i found one for free....I'd take it.....

wont spend money for a new one from that liberal Co*^S>c<er....
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2010 8:26:01 PM EDT by jhereg]

Originally Posted By xb_nut:

That'd what I thought as well. Maybe they realized all the money they could be making in the taciticool market.

Tim Leatherman was one of the idiots who endorsed Kerry w/ a full page ad. When they did it he had his name and his title w/ Leatherman Tools. I didn't care who he endorsed, when he used his title it made a lot of us object to Leatherman Tools endorsing Kerry. When we objected to it he essentially told us to go pound sand he'll endorse whoever he wants. While I think that's his right, he then proceeded to whine about how it's not fair to penalize his workers by boycotting his product. He can ESAD as far as I'm concerned. I haven't bought a new Leatherman tool since. I would have bought at least 1/2 a dozen by this point if he wasn't such a douchebag.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:33:10 PM EDT
He's a liberal @sshat, but but but––his stuff is all made in the USA.

When Leatherman moves production to China, then I'll boycott him, until then, he gets my money!
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:01:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jhereg:

Tim Leatherman was one of the idiots who endorsed Kerry w/ a full page ad. When they did it he had his name and his title w/ Leatherman Tools. I didn't care who he endorsed, when he used his title it made a lot of us object to Leatherman Tools endorsing Kerry. When we objected to it he essentially told us to go pound sand he'll endorse whoever he wants. While I think that's his right, he then proceeded to whine about how it's not fair to penalize his workers by boycotting his product. He can ESAD as far as I'm concerned. I haven't bought a new Leatherman tool since. I would have bought at least 1/2 a dozen by this point if he wasn't such a douchebag.

I concur. It was bad enough he went all douchey on us, then to follow it up with an attempt at a guilt trip, well fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:37:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:

I concur. It was bad enough he went all douchey on us, then to follow it up with an attempt at a guilt trip, well fuck him.

I agree. If he had said "I'm sorry I put my company's name on the ad. It was a personal endorsement." I would have said ok. He made a mistake. I don't care who he endorses personally. If he had said "I did it. I'm sorry it offended you, but it's my personal opinion." I could respect that. The guilt trip about how it's not fair to hurt his employees because he's an asshat who got his company into politics really pissed me off. I honestly wish we could put his company under as a lesson in how you operate a business and the wisdom of separating business and politics.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:56:50 AM EDT
What's retail? I know it has a carbon scraper but can't remember the rest of the AR specific features.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:58:25 PM EDT
I think it is $149
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 8:37:57 PM EDT by supplex]
Originally Posted By 308garand:
I think it is $149

f&*K that noise then, plus he a commie lib
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:36:09 PM EDT
Damn, I didn't know about all this Leatherman liberal drama. In any case, I prefer Gerber multi tools anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:01:03 PM EDT
Does anyone know about the other AR-15 based multi-tool?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:34:26 PM EDT
^NC Star makes one specifically for ARs. One of the pins on the FS adjuster bent on mine the first time using it though. I bring it with me to the range and figure at the very least it might save me 3 miles of driving back to the house.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:41:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:
^NC Star makes one specifically for ARs. One of the pins on the FS adjuster bent on mine the first time using it though. I bring it with me to the range and figure at the very least it might save me 3 miles of driving back to the house.

Naw....it wasn't them.

It was advertised on here a few months back.

I remember it was compatible with the Otis kits.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:11:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 10:11:58 PM EDT by multitaskertools]

Originally Posted By LaRue556:

Naw....it wasn't them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=65&t=1040170
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:34:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By multitaskertools:

Originally Posted By LaRue556:

Naw....it wasn't them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=65&t=1040170
Cool, can't wait.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:

I agree. If he had said "I'm sorry I put my company's name on the ad. It was a personal endorsement." I would have said ok. He made a mistake. I don't care who he endorses personally. If he had said "I did it. I'm sorry it offended you, but it's my personal opinion." I could respect that. The guilt trip about how it's not fair to hurt his employees because he's an asshat who got his company into politics really pissed me off. I honestly wish we could put his company under as a lesson in how you operate a business and the wisdom of separating business and politics.

I pretty much respect everyone's opinion, but know that the only way were going to get rid of these uber liberals is to starve them out. Meaning - don't buy their products, newspapers, magazines and movies. When their money starts to dry up, maybe they'll sing a different tune and not their progressive crap. Just my opinion!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:07:23 AM EDT
For a tool parading around as a military tool does this have a front sight adjustment tool on it? I looked on the website and couldn't find it. If not then this tool FAILS

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:16:26 PM EDT
They will never get a dime of my money!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:28:01 AM EDT

This is called an ar15 multi tool. You can probably pick one up around $20.00 to $40.00.

That Leatherman MUT is nothing more than an over priced, fan boy piece of crap. It claims to have a bolt over ride tool. Really? There are plenty of objects in the field you can use to clear a jam. I personally prefer to use the charging handle conveniently attached to my AR... However, if the charging handle doesnt work, you can use pretty much anything to your immagination, other than a $150.00 hook.

I find it hilarious everytime I read all the biast reviews, and see all the sheepish fools drool over this. They claim the carbon scraper is replacable. I wonder how much they want for a replacement part. I bet it aint cheap. I'd like to see someone attempt to replace a part of the MUT 5-10 years from now. Good luck with that. You can buy a carbon scraper for around $3.00. Even funnier are the people wanting this tool that dont even own an AR15, then say the tool is a good excuse for buying an AR... idiots.
Top Top