Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:26:12 PM EDT
I am looking for a cheap and versatile sling for my AR-15. it is an M-4 with the side sling swivel by the front sight and the collapsible stock with the sling mount at the bottom and the way to wrap the sling around the top of the stock. I would like one that allows to be slung across the back and holds the weapon across the chest with no hands like the troops use.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:51:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 8:13:00 AM EDT by Unicorn]
www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm

Made by Specter Gear. It doesn't have to wrap around the front of the handguard, that piece is removeable, and it will then work with a side sling adapter. The rear also has an adapter to use with either the M4 or M16 style stock. A very nice sling IMO.

Didn't think about the cheap part. This sling is like $50, the reason I don't have more.

Spec Ops sling 101, is in the low twenty dollar range, as is their Mamba. Both are decent.

Or this post has a cheap do it yourself model.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=252462
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:44:09 AM EDT
If you want cheap go with the GI sling and 550 cord. Close the loops on the GI sling with the buckles, and use 550 cord through the loops to attach to the front sling swivel and the top slot fo the stock. Use enough cord to make the sling comfortable for you with the sling worn aroudn your neck. If you let the rifle balance around your neck it will hang level; put the stock high (right next to your shoulder) and the rifle will orient with the muzzle down to the weak side. That's been done since way before all the HS/LD slings came out.
It will do the same thing if you sling it over your strong side shoulder and under your support arm, but you will need to adjust the sling out a little longer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:13:40 PM EDT
I have been absolutely satisfied with my Viking Tactics sling. My only complaint would be that it doesn't have a quick-release buckle on it, but that's fixable.

It will do everything you asked, but isn't cumbersome or complicated. Give it a look.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:05:18 AM EDT
I got two of the Israeli Patrol Slings in OD from DSG Arms (RustyTX on Arfcom). They were about $16 each and work well. I have one on my Colt AR-15A3 and the other on an Arsenal, Inc. SLR-101SG AK.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:08 PM EDT
The cheapest? I just ordered 20 feet of 1.5" Nylon webbing, 4 tri-slides, and two QR buckles from Strapworks for less than 11 dollars. I had enough material to make one points for my AR and my 870, wth about 14 feet of web left.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:58:28 PM EDT
Most people don't know about Boonie Packer. They are the best priced slings on the market. Very simple but yet very tough. They ship for free. I like their 2" wide 2p and their Hackathorn 3.Both slings have a very simple but super strong transition buckle.Excellent product IMHO.

www.booniepacker.com
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:38:18 PM EDT
I have a Booniepacker, and it is a very well made sling. I simply dont like 3 points.
Top Top