Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:48:47 AM EDT
 I am looking for a single point sling. Anyone have one from NE Tactcial or experience with them?
sling
it is the last one on the page.

Thanks!
  ST

ETA corrected link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
That sling looks good to go, I havent used that particular one first hand but, if I can recomend one to you.  the best single point sling that I have used is csmgear.com 's single pont sling. This thing is solid and it has sweet mounting hardware.  A ton of the marines, at Pendelton use this sling.  Medic Mike is the owner of CSMGEAR, and he runs a semi-custom shot in Temecula California.  Check out his site, check out the sling.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!! Just may go with that one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Stickman ought to be chiming in here soon with his take on the ASP sling.  One inch round tubing, very comfortable, etc, etc. Plus Jason (owner/designer) is just absolutely awesome to deal with.

Tag Industries ASP Sling

Check this link out
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Link makes an awesome single point sling. Slightly pricey but worth the money! www.tacticallink.com
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!!!
Any thoughts on the Single with elastic vs without?? Any benefits to either one of them over the other?

Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking I would not want elastic on a single point.  I have toyed with two point slings with elastic (bungee, actually) ends and they were OK, but I just cannot see the point of elastic on a single point sling IF IT IS MADE WELL AND USED CORRECTLY.

While the elastic may add to the transition from shoulder to shoulder, I wouldn't want to drop my weapon and reach for my sidearm just to have the weapon come back up and hit me in the face or bounce down and take out the boys.  I know that may be far-fetched, and I simply point that out for a bit of humor, but always remember...Murphy was an optimist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I like my Blue Force Simple Sling. It is a very simple nylon single point, but it is very high quality. I need to put a quick cisco on it, but for now, it works great.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Plus Jason (owner/designer) is just absolutely awesome to deal with.

Tag Industries ASP Sling

I will agree, Jason emailed me after the sale to make sure I received my order. Then emailed me back thanking me for letting him know that I got it.

Just trying it on, I can see why using tubing is nice. It's strong as hell and it just glides along clothing.

I also bought the ASP sling, just need a rifle to mount it to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 I am looking for a single point sling. Anyone have one from NE Tactcial or experience with them?

I have one and think it's the best single-point ever made. I've tried all the big ones incl. CQB Sol., ZM (another bungee), etc. The bungee is just right. Heavy enough so it's not "bouncy". Light enough to absorb shock and allow the weapon to be extended away from the body for weak-side or prone positions. The wide webbing is very comfortable and it's built like a tank. I even use it with my FAL.

I would recommend the trigger snap, not the snap hook.

I've met the owner. He did a custom size sling for me. Very nice guy--you won't go wrong.

aa
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#12]

aa

Why not the snap hook?

Thanks for the replies!! May have to purchase several and see what I like...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered an ASP sling from TAG.  You can't beat the price after shipping: $33.  I might order a few more if it is as cool as it seems.  I will try it on my 50 Beowulf and my MP5K clone.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Stickman ought to be chiming in here soon with his take on the ASP sling.  One inch round tubing, very comfortable, etc, etc. Plus Jason (owner/designer) is just absolutely awesome to deal with.

Tag Industries ASP Sling

Check this link out

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tag Industries ASP Sling

Check this link out

+1

I emailed Jason last night about an item he currently has in prototype form.  Anyway, I emailed him just before 2300 last night, and when I got to work this morning and checked my email, his reply was waiting for me.  What is really amazing is that I don't even own an ASP yet.  I'm kinda waiting on this new item, and he has been incredible about it all.  Hell, I'm already a loyal customer.  [gazes into crystal ball]"I see many dollars being sent to Mr. Trusty."

LOL

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 for Jason and Tag Industries.  You can't find a better guy to do business with.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

aa

Why not the snap hook?

The original design  we used a trigger snap as the connector.  The idea was the swivel will limit excess force on the conector when transitioning by allow the connector to  be able to move around.  This has worked well.  After a few requests from military and police departments, we started to offer the snap hook.  The primary issue was accidental opening of the trigger snap when transitioning.  We have solved that problem with an elastic cover for the trigger snap. I still prefer the trigger snap for a connector.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top