Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:51:52 PM EDT
Im looking into getting an AR and I plan on getting my Ar with a Predator P4 rail, what kind of adpator would i need to mount a versapod to the Predator rail?

Also what do you folks think of this setup for starters:

A3 upper, steel gas block, flip up front and rear sights, Predator 4 rail, chrome bolt carrier, and hopefully a versapod, if i can figure out how it would mount to the P4 rail system.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:57:02 AM EDT
Versapod makes a picatinny rail adaptor for the versapod that attaches directly to a rail. Brownells carries it, part #100-002-104 for $45. They also make a vertical grip adaptor that has a spigot and a vertical grip.

I have one of the picatinny rail adaptors on my SPR and use it with my Parker-Hale bipod. The adaptor is low profile and sturdy. The spigot on the adaptor will also fit a Parker-Hale.

The Versapod is a Chinese knock-off copy of the Parker-Hale bipod but it isn't as sturdy. If you prefer the Parker-Hale style bipod I recommend you get one instead of the Versapod. I tried a Versapod and wasn't impressed. The Parker-Hale is more expensive, around $200, but worth it IMHO.

I hope this helps.
Top Top